100 YD Zero at 5 degree incline

muleman1953

Will it affect anything if I zeroed at 100 with a 5 degree incline when going out to a mile?
I know shooting a 5 degree incline at a mile is considerable different dope at that distance.

I would think the zero would be a little less than 100 with no incline, so you may need to calculate the true zero and use that distance (rather than 100) in your ballistics app.

Heres an easy tip for angle finding if you have a smart phone. Get an angle app for it, most are free and use that for angle finding.

How? Turn the phone on it s side and sight down the edge at you target from as close to the same position as you will be shooting from. Read the angle from the app.

And if you're a cheap SOB like me you have a free ballistics app on your phone so you have 2/3rds of the data needed right in your hand to do your dope for most shots. Did you know you can read ambient temperature on your phone as well...

it makes so little difference that you cant adjust that small of an adjustment with your optic. Don't worry about it.

Will it affect anything if I zeroed at 100 with a 5 degree incline when going out to a mile?
I know shooting a 5 degree incline at a mile is considerable different dope at that distance.

No. Too many larger factors to worry about. My COS indicator says 98-99 % of hold over. So unless you trued your BC program and even if you did it will be unnoticeable. IMO

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.