10 X

chain

How far can I expect to shoot targets at 10X? I have been shooting at 14X, new scope might just be 10 X . Thanks

It depends on the size of the targets. Clay pigeons not very far......boxcars a looong ways. :);):)

Seriously, it depends on the quality of the glass/scope, the resolution of the scope and the conditions. It will also depend on the size of the target.

I've shot a lot playing around at 1000 yards with Nightforce scopes at 5.5 power but I can't do that with my Leupolds. Typically I will use as much power as I can for the given conditions unless I need the field of view for tracking the target.

If it's a quality scope then you should be o.k. at 1000 yards, or more, on moa sized targets.

I have a lp vx111 4.5 -14 i shoot it most of the time from 4.5 to 10x at my targets to 1000yrds as i can hold it steadier. I dont have any problems shooting it at lower powers but it has a very fine reticle. My bushnell i zoom up higher because it has a big reticle and covers to much of the target.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.