SIGHTRON SIII 3.5 x 10 x 44 LRIRmoa

Rustystud

Has any one shot using the aforementioned scope. I am thinking of replacing my Leupold 2.5 X 8 X 36 currently on my Remington model 7 308Win.

Nat Lambeth

The scope arrived an I mounted it. When home earlie from work and sighted it in. I am much more impressed than I thought I would be. The crosshair is etched in glass and not a cross wire. It is very fine and the center is a very fine dot. The scope I got has the illuninated dot. I was able on ten power to put the dot inside a 1" orange dot and see a good border around it. I will shoot a deer with it tommorrow.

Nat Lambeth

Yup, that was my thread that I started. From this article, I chose the Weaver Tactical. Besides getting one BRAND NEW for under $650 shipped, I read that the glass was better, turrets more positive, and I prefered the Reticle design. I plan on doing a picture walk through of my first time to the range with it. I should have it in a few weeks (backordered....)

I used my Sightron 3.5 X 10 X 44 for a season. Several times I found my turrent knobs had been moved off zero by contact in the case or while walking to the stand. I took it back to Sightron they put two detent balls under the spring and tightened it up. I was not satisfied and they changed out the Tactical Turrents for Target Turrents with screw on caps. The click values are still .25moa. Think this is a better option. If it does not work I will get a 2.5 X 10 Nightforce. But that is a lot more money.
Nat Lambeth

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.