1/8" Ver 1/4" clicks

Tnwhip

What do you perfer. I have always had scopes with 1/4" clicks. I just got one on a trade with 1/8". What is the real advantage> Just finer adjustments for target work? Will it have as much adjustment? Does it matter in the real hunting world?

I have both types and like them equally. The 1/8" gives you a finer adjustment and works great for sport shooting and hunting. Once you have your loads chrono'd and done the trajectory calcs you're good to go irrespective of the type of scope adjustment. Just don't get mixed up :)

1/8" are better for varmint and target. You can still use it for large game. Just gets you that much closer to the point of impact you want. 1/4" are nicer for quicker adjustment. Won't take as much turning for the 1/4". Either will work. I haven't found any loss in the amount of comuppits:D you want for long range work!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.