Whats your favorite hunting rig as in truck ?

dgr416

My favorite hunting rigs are my 79 Ford broncos .I used them here in Ga and Alaska for 35 years I am bringing one back to life again .I camped in mine in alaaka 9 months the second year .That was one of the funnest years of my life .They are super easy to work on too no computer junk or electric brakes to fail .

My favorite hunting rigs are my 79 Ford broncos .I used them here in Ga and Alaska for 35 years I am bringing one back to life again .I camped in mine in alaaka 9 months the second year .That was one of the funnest years of my life .They are super easy to work on too no computer junk or electric brakes to fail .
I bought 79 in the mtns in VA as a Sr in high school, sold it in 1990, probably the favorite vehicle I have ever had and I've had some nice ones. Cousins that raced tractor pulls put a lift on it for me, and an alum intake, a 650 holley 4 banger all on a 4speed 351M with hooker headers, that thing was bad *** and not much other than too much mud ever stopped it. Ran 33 and 35 BFG Mud Terrains. I like the new ones and may get one at some point, but right now waiting on a recently ordered F250 Tremor with the high output diesel to replace my 2004 F350 PwrStroke (which even with a 6.0 was a good truck and gave me almost no trouble, course they had to buy my first one back:D). New one should pull my lil Arctic Fox 25ft Travel trailer just dandy!

IMG_4551.jpg

My little mule

17 Tacoma TRD off-road 4x4. 3" suspension with 285-75-16 Toyo AT 2. Gets me everywhere I need to go. Had her in the Rockys and down here in the Florida swamps and pine lands. No issues getting through some questionable stuff. But was running 285-75-16 Toyo MTs during the Colorado hunt.

My current hunting rig is Shortbox standard cab 1998 Dodge R1500. I picked it up for $200.00 about seven years back. It turns tight on trails. I put a pair of Dana 60 axles under it with a TracLock in the rear. swapped the NP231 t-case to an NP241 and had drivelines built for it. It's fairly stout in a small package. Added a canopy to keep gear dry.