hunting boots

As others have noted, I like the Danners I have owned but, although not US made, have also had good luck with Meindls. However, although some Danners are made in the US, Danner (and Lacrosse) is owned by a Japanese company called ABC-Mart, which is a pretty corny name.

I have crispi, Hoffman's, and lowa and like all of them. The Hoffman's are cold weather and I have yet to use other than walking around neighborhood hikes. Crispis felt great first time I wore while the Lowe's got better with time.
Danners don't fit me right but my hunting buddy has a pair he uses year after year and he's said he doesn't know how danner makes any money since he never has to replace them.

Midway USA has an open box section and with some patience can get really good deals if you watch for model and size you need. My Lowe's were 1/2 price and had the tags all on. Maybe worn around house but no different than any pair you'd try on at store. I like supporting my local,store but it's allowed me to justify some boots that are in between my necessity purposes.

Those don't work too well when you're walking and climbing for miles. Feet get hot and sweaty (they get wet from the inside), almost no matter what and Muck boots just don't breathe like a gore-tex type of membrane boot.

I know the desire to have things made in the USA but the best boots come out of Italy. They just do. It's a hard truth, just like the best optics come out of Germany/Austria.

There are companies like Schnees and Whites that make leather lined boots too, if that's what you're looking for. Otherwise there are a lot of good brands that make all leather exterior boots like Zamberlan, Kenetrek, the aforementioned and others. Yeah they're expensive.
Very true on that. I use Muck in Souhern swamps or sitting for hours, but Kennetreks are the best feeling for walking I ever found. Mountain Guide and Safari. You do have to break them in..

American made? Whites would be my pick if I can't go Italian. And if I can't find local I'd probably order them from eurooptic. Granted they have limited selection but I like the owhyhees only. I don't do tall boots.

I used to be really concerned about it and was loyal to danner USA custom shop. Competing in an extreme long range run and gun challenge my feet got destroyed but my brothers feet were not. I decided to try his boot brand, Solomon, and have been using them ever since. I still love my heavy leather danners but for big mountain hikes I chose the Solomon.

That's because people wear heavy socks in them. All I wear is ankle high athletic socks and have never had an issue with sweaty feet and I am not your average hunter. I walk miles into hunting areas to get away from the crowds. Over hills and hollows, creeks and cutover, I stand by my choice.
Mine sweat if I am moving at all . And I have switched to a alpaca socks which helps a lot but mine still sweat if I'm wearing a rubber boot it's because I'm in mud or water

American made? Whites would be my pick if I can't go Italian. And if I can't find local I'd probably order them from eurooptic. Granted they have limited selection but I like the owhyhees only. I don't do tall boots.
You may have pointed me to my next boots, thanks! Getting desperate with both pairs glued together. Are the footbeds removable? I have orthotics.

Do you know all leather hunting boots of de4cent quality are very hard to find!! nylon w/leather trim is the w3ay know. we need all-american made shoes again along with blue jeans! apparently money don't matter cause 600$ boots seems the normal Sick economy!!!
Unless we all want to go in together and start our own boot company the best option is to find one that fits you the best. For decades of hunting in the Rockies only to return to camp every night with both dogs barking with legs that feel like they are about to fall off I vowed to buy the best boots money could buy. I'm 6'4" 230 and wear 16's. Tried several and ended up going with Kenetrek mountain extremes and have both the 400's and the non insulated. I'm a patriot until the end but if you can't get to the firing position, what's the point?