Ziess V6 3x18x50

codym

Hey guys has anyone spent any time using this scope? I've read a few reviews, glass sounds good but i'm interested in tracking and reliability. I like everything about the specs, 22oz, 100 moa of adjustment, zero stop, and good magnification range. Just like to hear anyone's real worl experience with one. Thanks!

I saw the thread on comparing the vx6 and the ziess v6. Anyone have an idea how it would compare to say a nightforce nxs 3x15x50?

I recently sold a NXS 3-15 to fund a V6 3-18. So far I'm happy. Optically it's very good, not Swaro X5 good but better then the NXS.

I like the size and weight of it, turrets feel good and are nicely sized. Mine has the #92 zbr reticle which I'm not crazy about but it's functional. The zero stop works very well and is easy to set.

So far mine has tracked perfect but I haven't ran it hard or hunted with it for a season to see how it holds up to bumps and hard use. If it holds up I could see it becoming my favorite hunting scope mostly due to weight.

Some guys have complained about tunneling on the V6 vs the V4 but I can't see any at all. None. My buddy bought a V4 and I spent some time on my back porch looking at various distances, magnification etc and My eyes take the V6 over the V4. I do however wish the V6 had capped windage like the V4.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.