Ziess V6 3x18x50

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by codym, Aug 2, 2018.

1. codym

codym Active Member

Hey guys has anyone spent any time using this scope? I've read a few reviews, glass sounds good but i'm interested in tracking and reliability. I like everything about the specs, 22oz, 100 moa of adjustment, zero stop, and good magnification range. Just like to hear anyone's real worl experience with one. Thanks!

2. codym

codym Active Member

I saw the thread on comparing the vx6 and the ziess v6. Anyone have an idea how it would compare to say a nightforce nxs 3x15x50?

3. Ckleeves

Ckleeves Well-Known Member

I recently sold a NXS 3-15 to fund a V6 3-18. So far I’m happy. Optically it’s very good, not Swaro X5 good but better then the NXS.

I like the size and weight of it, turrets feel good and are nicely sized. Mine has the #92 zbr reticle which I’m not crazy about but it’s functional. The zero stop works very well and is easy to set.

So far mine has tracked perfect but I haven’t ran it hard or hunted with it for a season to see how it holds up to bumps and hard use. If it holds up I could see it becoming my favorite hunting scope mostly due to weight.

Some guys have complained about tunneling on the V6 vs the V4 but I can’t see any at all. None. My buddy bought a V4 and I spent some time on my back porch looking at various distances, magnification etc and My eyes take the V6 over the V4. I do however wish the V6 had capped windage like the V4.

4. codym

codym Active Member

Thanks this is useful info!!