zeroing question.

elkins93

Ok i have a nikon 4x12x40 bdc, i also have the nikon ballistics app and after inputting all my data it tells me for a 300 yard zero to sight in 3.35 inches high at 100 yards. Now here's my question and yes its simple but its late I'm tired and here it is. I know the 3 inches will be 12 clicks at 100 yards but what about the .35?

Are your adjustments 1/4 MOA per click or 1/4" per click?

To get to the .35 you probably need one click to put you close to that for a total of 13 clicks either way.

My advice is to go to a spot 300 yards long and zero the rifle instead of using an app that most likely will not be spot on anyways. I know that sounds bullheaded and narrow minded, but you'll understand after you line it up 3.35" high at 100 and then shoot at a target at 300.

My advice is to go to a spot 300 yards long and zero the rifle instead of using an app that most likely will not be spot on anyways. I know that sounds bullheaded and narrow minded, but you'll understand after you line it up 3.35" high at 100 and then shoot at a target at 300.

Doesn't sound bullheaded at all, but like good sound real world advice to me. Let your actual bullets tell your ballistics calculator what's right... Not the other way around. And sometimes... You just have to get it as close as you can and call it good.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.