Zeroed and dialed in at sea level, poi at 11,000ft?

SO92

afternoon-
Ive spent a good year now dialing in my duece-ocho at 1100' Iowa altitude. Ive proofed my drops and am ready to go hunt in 10-12k altitude...

Is there a conversion or will my kilo2400 give me a comparison to understand drops at higher altitude?

I understand the kilo reads altitude but didnt see an area on sight-in altitude...

Am i overthinking this or should i be able to nake the conversion easily elsewhere?

Or do i need to print a group in high country and move scope to sccount for altitude?

Thanks for the help.

SO92

If you zero your rifle at 100 yards, you won't have to worry about any zero offsets from the elevation change. If you zero at 200 or further you will have to take into account how the elevation change affects your zero, which in turn affects your drops calculated by the Kilo. The Applied Ballistics and Shooter app that this into account and discuss it in the documentation. I don't know if this carries over to the Kilo though.

If you can, do what 257Toney said above. It's the most foolproof way.

Rifle zeroed at 100. Checking equipment before a hunt is standard practice for me but ive never dialed turrets on a hunt outside of my home state.

I was assuming my velocity would be off as well in higher elevation which would throw off holds at extended ranges even after i re-zeroed.

Ill do some reading on additional apps. Thanks for the input.

It is the Applied ballistics app. I always shoot mine when I go to an elevation just because. But you don't need to do anything, the app will do it for you.
Example Im sighted in at 2900ft, For 1000 yards I dial 17.3 moa , at 7800ft for 1000yrds it adjusted to 16.1 and was dead on. It is designed to adjust automatically. So far from my experience the program has never been off

But as I said I shoot anyway, Long range for me is ethics and accuracy, as long as your scope did not get bumped it should be fine.

It is the Applied ballistics app. I always shoot mine when I go to an elevation just because. But you don't need to do anything, the app will do it for you.
Example Im sighted in at 2900ft, For 1000 yards I dial 17.3 moa , at 7800ft for 1000yrds it adjusted to 16.1 and was dead on. It is designed to adjust automatically. So far from my experience the program has never been off

But as I said I shoot anyway, Long range for me is ethics and accuracy, as long as your scope did not get bumped it should be fine.

Very helpful. I will check it out and do some proofing this summer. Thanks all.

The furthest POI shift I've seen (also 1100 ft Iowa guy) when I hunt in Colorado at 10,000 was my 30-06 which shot an inch and a half high. Shoot a 3 shot group when you get there, it probably won't change, but if it does it isn't much and you can adjust it to be accurate after one 3 shot group. Your kilo will do the rest.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.