Zero at 100 Yards and Leave Turret at 200 Yards for Hunting?

If you dial or plan on dialing I would zero at 100yds. You can do everything the 200 yard zero or 3.5" high at 100 yard guys can with a 100yard zero, a ballistic app and good data. First morning of your hunt, check your ballistic solver and dial for 200 or 300 or whatever you feel is necessary for quick shots. Anything past that in most cases you will have time to dial.

If you zero at 200 and then gain 5,000 ft in elevation,most likely you will no longer have your exact 200yd zero. Dial as if it was a true 200 us zero and that change is amplified.

By zeroing at a longer distanceand THEN dialing you are simply introducing more error

Drop in inches is the same at muzzle to target no matter were your zeroed as long as its the same elevation.

what I am trying to say is atmospheric conditions will cause a 200 yard zero to shift, unless he wants to rezero every time he goes out. I'd suggest OP talk to any reputable long range shooting instructor and ask them what his zero range will be.
Dialing off of a 200 yard zero in a new hunting location is not generally advised, hence PRS guys and even long range hunters and form USMC scout snipers (Modern Day Sniper) zero at 100

Run these numbers, altitude at 0 asl, 100 yard zero.
Then altitude at 5,000 asl, 100 yard zero. You'll notice the drop at 200 is slightly different, maybe a tenth of an inch. If he zeros at 0 asl and goes up to 5k, his zero is already off, now dial to 1,000, it's gonna be off.

100 yards is the standard for a reason when dialing.

I zero at 300 yards for big game rifles. Then again, I live, hunt, and shoot out in the west open desert. 100 yards leave to much of a variable to begin with. I cant count how many times I've had a 100 yard zero be off 2,3,4 inches at just 300 yards. I'd rather have it be dead set at 300, and be maybe an 1" off at 100, then vice versa, especially as the range increases. It will only continue to be further off.

Run these numbers, altitude at 0 asl, 100 yard zero.
Then altitude at 5,000 asl, 100 yard zero. You'll notice the drop at 200 is slightly different, maybe a tenth of an inch. If he zeros at 0 asl and goes up to 5k, his zero is already off, now dial to 1,000, it's gonna be off.

100 yards is the standard for a reason when dialing.
I did, run my 30-28 at 3100 with a 215 on Bergers calculator,
So your telling me a bullet is gonna drop different from muzzle to 1,000 yards depending on were its zeroed, if it does its a scope problem.