Zeiss, Vortex, Tract, or Leupold for 1000

ModernRedneck

Hi all,

New to the forum and I've received great tips for a custom build rifle build.

Now I'd like opinions on the best scope for my long range rig (AR-10, 6.5 Creedmoor, 24" Proof CF barrel). This is not a hunting rig, mostly bench rest shooting. I'm looking for best glass and tracking of dials.

Scope options:
1. Zeiss Conquest V6 5-30x50
2. Tract Toric 4.5-30x56
3. Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 4.5-27x56
4. Leupold VX-5HD 7-35x56
5. Maybe Nightforce...

I believe in buying the best the first time vs crying later.

Which one are you guys voting on?

I believe the Tract is based on the same design as the 4.5-30 Trijicon tenmile/accupower. I had one of those for a little while and loved the turrets/ zero stop design and the reticle was nice. Glass was the clearest I've ever looked through but it's also the only 56mm objective 34mm tube scope I've had. I ended selling it to buy a 4-24 Accupoint and 2.5-15 credo because I was impressed by the glass but couldn't justify having a $1800 range use only scope. The other two are more hunting oriented and much lighter. If the tract is as good as the Trijicon version then it is an awesome scope.

Oh ya go ahead and add the Trijicon 4.5-30 to your list. Chose between them based on reticle preference.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.