Zeiss V6 line of Optics - opinions needed

Slim13

I'm considering buying a Zeiss Conquest V6 in 3-18x50. It's very light compared to my NF or Vortex scopes. This is will be going on a 7RM. I find I rarely get past 14-15x in actual hunting situations. I've read a lot of articles and reviews about these scopes and they seem to be pretty positive. Just hoping to find someone who has actually used it in the field and has some time behind the trigger with it.
Thanks!

That will be an awesome hunting scope! I don't have this particular model, but I have several Zeiss scopes, and they are well worth the money. I'd pit them against higher priced optics any day of the week.

Get you a good set of rings and a good 1-piece pic rail, too. The higher quality your setup, the better off you'll be.

I recommend a set of Seekins Precision low rings, and an EGW HD 20MOA base.

That will be an awesome hunting scope! I don't have this particular model, but I have several Zeiss scopes, and they are well worth the money. I'd pit them against higher priced optics any day of the week.

Get you a good set of rings and a good 1-piece pic rail, too. The higher quality your setup, the better off you'll be.

I recommend a set of Seekins Precision low rings, and an EGW HD 20MOA base.
Thanks for the comeback. I'll take a look at those rings when I buy the scope. I've used Badger and Seekins - you think low rings will be enough clearance for the 50mm bell?

I have that exact scope on a Lane Precision Rifle. It replaced a NF and so far I l have about 400 rounds behind it. In other words, I really like it. The only negative maybe would be it does not have an illuminated reticle.

They're quality optics for the money. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I don't know that i would pay retail honestly. Optically it doesn't blow me out of the water and maybe it's an unfair comparison but next to either of my Kahles our V6 3-18x50 simply isn't in the same class, and truthfully it shouldn't be. I also didn't think it fared that well against my MK5 or USO SN-3. Though again higher priced optics. If the price is good (1200-1400) i'd say go for it. Though it is teetering up toward the $2000 mark. I honestly would probably take a hard look at the VX6HD also. Those seem to be the two best lightweight hunting optics within the scope of a sub $2000 budget. FWIW if you're like me and prefer Mil, optics planet has Mil/Mil VX6HDs from the custom shop, albeit only 3-18x44mm.

FWIW ours has been sent back to Zeiss for not holding zero but it's the only one i've heard of it doing so. It's just fine now.

Thanks for the comeback. I'll take a look at those rings when I buy the scope. I've used Badger and Seekins - you think low rings will be enough clearance for the 50mm bell?
Yep, I use those same rings on all my scopes (most all are 50mm) and they clear just fine.

I mounted one on my brothers 300 Wby this year and what an amazing scope, turret works like a dream, first deer he shot with is was at 460 yards, he's extremely happy with it.
The glass is 2nd to none from the scopes Ive looked through.
I'm loving my Zeiss V4 4-16x44 scopes as well

If you have a chance do a low light performance test on a Zeiss V6
Leupold VX6 HD, Swarovski Z6 and see what you think,
Then check available MOA
Every V4 or V6 Zeiss I have mounted (8) on rifles with a 100 yard zero have between 42-52 available MOA of adjustment up from a 100 yard zero
The VX3i 4.5-14x40 30mm tube, VX5 HD 3-15x44 and the VX6 HD 3-18x44 have 25-27 of MOA of adjustment up from a 100 yard zero
All scopes mounted in Talley lightweights

Last edited:
So far I like my v4 4-16. It is in seekins lows (0.82) on a 20 moa rail. I foresee either upgrading to the v6, or an AMG if they will release a comparable power. You should be able to get into a v6 for under 1400 if you are in the US.

So far I like my v4 4-16. It is in seekins lows (0.82) on a 20 moa rail. I foresee either upgrading to the v6, or an AMG if they will release a comparable power. You should be able to get into a v6 for under 1400 if you are in the US.
Yes, I do see a couple deals out there a decent amount under MSRP. I will wait until after the holidays to see if I can do better.

I have both the v6 and leupold vx6 and vx6hd.

I have no issues with the 5-30 v6 on my target / occasional deer rifle.

I will say the glass is better on the HD at long range. It had a crisper brighter image and an illuminated retical .

For what you're looking for, I'd take a look at the vx6hd in 3-18 with the tmoa retical.

I've not got to look through the zeiss v6 but have looked through a v4. I've also looked through a Leupold v5 & v6. I also own a zeiss hd5 & I wasn't impressed at all by the v4 zeiss.

So figured out our issue was never the zeiss it just took me this long..facepalming a bit but i did all of dad's load development with his saum with the Omega. He was still missing deer this year after i had already rechecked zero. Put it on paper it was high again. I put the hybrid on thinking that would fix it, still 2-3" high to the right. Put the Omega on...bullseye. So yeah all this time i was putting blame in the optic it was just the POI shift with the can. Which i guess i just couldn't believe because i've seen Jon's hellfire system barely shift at all, but admittedly a 3b isn't a straight taper m40/m24 or a heavy palma so maybe that's why.

So figured out our issue was never the zeiss it just took me this long..facepalming a bit but i did all of dad's load development with his saum with the Omega. He was still missing deer this year after i had already rechecked zero. Put it on paper it was high again. I put the hybrid on thinking that would fix it, still 2-3" high to the right. Put the Omega on...bullseye. So yeah all this time i was putting blame in the optic it was just the POI shift with the can. Which i guess i just couldn't believe because i've seen Jon's hellfire system barely shift at all, but admittedly a 3b isn't a straight taper m40/m24 or a heavy palma so maybe that's why.
You got it figured out, that's a good thing. I've heard 2-3" POI shift can be common. I've heard the thinner the barrel, the more it would affect it based on the change in harmonics from the added weight of the can hanging off the end. Not sure by how much, but it makes sense that it would/could.

You got it figured out, that's a good thing. I've heard 2-3" POI shift can be common. I've heard the thinner the barrel, the more it would affect it based on the change in harmonics from the added weight of the can hanging off the end. Not sure by how much, but it makes sense that it would/could.

Yeah i just didn't think it would be that drastic. I went 3B on that gun with that intention specifically to give a little weight for suppressed shooting. Muzzles finishes at .730 on a 26" blank it's nearing .800 at 23"

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts