Zeiss v4 vs leupold and Swarovski

30noslercam

I'm new to this forum so I've possibly put this in the wrong place. Anyhow, I'm currently building a 30 nosler and final step is topping her off with a scope. I want a scope that isnt too heavy but can pull off the odd 1000 yard gong shot, however primarily it will be a tops hunting scope. I have been considering the zeiss 6-24x50, the vx6 3-18 if I can find a used one, or a vx5 3-15 ( might be a little low on magnification) what is everyone's thoughts and are there any other recommendations? I want best quality glass really

Either Leupold would be a great choice. For the money it's hard to beat the VX5 and the 15x will you to 1000 yards with no problem. The VX5 could be one of the best hunting scopes available. If you have the extra money the VX6 will give you 3x more magnification, a few different reticle choices, an exposed windage turret with ZL2 and illumination but that's about it, glass is the same as the VX5. I currently have two of each Leupolds and shoot with them out to 900 yards.

The VX6HD is a great scope. I have two of them running on hunting rifles. I think 3-18 is a great range (low enough for woods work and high enough to reach well beyond most people's ethical and practical shooting limits. If you are interested in the TMOA reticle, you cannot get it in the VX5. I also have a Zeiss Conquest V4 in 4-16. In my view, the Leupolds are superior. Brighter glass. Clearer. Better eye box.

Went and looked through a vx5 and v4 yesterday, personally found the vx5 clearer. I also see the vx5 has released a 4-20 mag range, anyone know the price jump from the 3-15? Would be an excellent option also

That 4-16 looks great. I like the reticle choices. I've been looking at the Leopold vx5 3-15x44 on your site as well. How do these compare? It's making for a tough decision.

That 4-16 looks great. I like the reticle choices. I've been looking at the Leopold vx5 3-15x44 on your site as well. How do these compare? It's making for a tough decision.
I looked at all 3 scopes again and went vx5, I didnt think the zeiss glass matched up and the swaro 3-18 only had 1 revolution on the turret as well as 25mm tube I didnt like

I looked at all 3 scopes again and went vx5, I didnt think the zeiss glass matched up and the swaro 3-18 only had 1 revolution on the turret as well as 25mm tube I didnt like
Okay, Please post a review of the scope, interested in learning more about the vx5.

I use the Zeiss v6 5-30x50. Great glass, great reticle, only downfall is no illumination. Sport optics was running a sale and it got the price down to the same level as the scopes you are looking at. Just another option.

I have both a Zeiss v4 and a leup vx5. To me Zeiss has better glass and in low light you really see the difference. Also Tracking , the edge goes to Zeiss. You may take a look at tract scopes, I have been really impressed so far, has great glass and price the price is good.

I don't feel that leupold can really compete with Swarovski or zeiss, pretty hard to compete with the German 3, that being said I've got a vx5 3x15x44 that is on my main rig love it! Only flaw I've seen so far with it is the O ring on my windage and elevation knob doesn't seem to seat properly but so far hasn't affected function. Good luck

I like Leupold, their service and the made in America aspect; however, their glass takes a back a seat to some other optics one of which is Zeiss.

I own S&B PM II and a 6x, a Leupold mk6 1-6 in addition to Nightforce and 2 Vortex AMGs. Each of my scopes are selected for a specific purpose and I have been happy with all of them.

Keep in mind one of the most important aspect of the scope, in the field, is durability. If you like the made in America thing consider the Vortex AMG.

How do you like the Swarovski z5 inc omparioson to the zeiss. I'm leaning towards the Swarovski. I like their reticle more too.

Recent Posts