Zeiss Scope 1970s

Raudy707

My father in law recently passed away and left me his grandfather's Win Model 70 338 win mag with this scope on it. The click pick power selector appears to be broken or stuck on 1.5 power. I'd like to keep the scope on there if possible. Any recommendations of what I can do to repair it or do you think Zeiss would repair it?

Attachments

• 20230116_175029.jpg
    20230116_175029.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
For some reason the scope pic didn't upload. Here it is.

Attachments

• 20230116_175012.jpg
    20230116_175012.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
My father in law recently passed away and left me his grandfather's Win Model 70 338 win mag with this scope on it. The click pick power selector appears to be broken or stuck on 1.5 power. I'd like to keep the scope on there if possible. Any recommendations of what I can do to repair it or do you think Zeiss would repair it?
I don't think Zeiss would repair it, but you have nothing to lose by giving them a call.
If they can't, I would look for rifle scope repair companies. There are still a few around

Last edited:
I spoke with Zeiss this morning. They said because it is just the zoom so long as new parts are not required they would repair it. They think it can be done. But then they added if it cannot be done we will replace it with a comparable replacement to keep you happy and shooting. I was impressed with this answer since I didn't purchase the scope only inherited it. Sounds like a solid warranty with Zeiss.