Zeiss Reticles

J300UM

I decided on getting a Zeiss Conquest for my lightweight rig. I was thinking about the rapid z reticles until I looked through one....way too busy for this simple mind! I am now considering the plex reticle with target turrets as opposed to the rapid z. Has anyone found the plex in the conquest to be considerably heavy? I'm sure it's fine for big game and great in low light but I'm now sure if it would be too heavy for paper work. Is anyone running the plex in their conquest? Would the 4A or the mil dot be a better choice? They didnt have either of those at the store to compare to the plex.

I am no expert at this but I have the Conquest 4.5-14x44 Z-plex. I usually use this on my 7mmRM hunting rifle. I just put together a 6.5 Creedmoor and needed a scope to break it in so I used this one. I sent it to Zeiss last year and had them put target turrets on it. I have never dialed for yardage till today. I have been reading alot about it on this forum learnging how to do it. I bought ballistics app for my phone and learned how to use it. I sighted in for 100yrds. My groups were right on elevation wise but it was windy so I had a line about 2" left to right. I was able to shoot out to 865yrds today at an 18" round steel plate. I hit it consistantly. This is the first time I had ever shot this far. I started adjusting turrets for ranges from 100, 365, 465, 500, and out to 865yrds and back down. I did not think it was too thick for paper shooting.

I bought a conquest 4.5x14 duplex because i dont like the ballt. reticle of certain power, etc. First thing i did was send it back for target turrent only like $50.00 and quick return. I than put on a kenton knob and scope tracks perfect. Im now thinking of having a lupy sale.
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.