Zeiss, Leo VX5, VX6, or NF NX8

Performance in the field, can you explain?
The nightforce in my opinion does not improve on the clarity and definition of the higher end leupolds and weighs nearly 50% more. I have limited the weights on all my hunting rifles to 8 lbs complete with sling, ammo, etc. and the leupold HD5 allows that on my rifles with the 30 MM tube.

Without reading all the responses, one thing that makes me DQ many scopes is the eye relief. Its why I don't buy zeiss and Swarovski. My preference is a minimum of 3.75", but would rather have 4". Maybe my longer LOP or growing up shooting 12ga slugs has something to do with it. Don't feel any need to be close to the scope.

The nightforce in my opinion does not improve on the clarity and definition of the higher end leupolds and weighs nearly 50% more. I have limited the weights on all my hunting rifles to 8 lbs complete with sling, ammo, etc. and the leupold HD5 allows that on my rifles with the 30 MM tube.
we can agree to disagree on clarity and definition, but yes Leupold is a great option for weight saving especially for what you are accomplishing in your hunting rifles. 8lbs is impressive

we can agree to disagree on clarity and definition, but yes Leupold is a great option for weight saving especially for what you are accomplishing in your hunting rifles. 8lbs is impressive
And one is a 338 win mag and another is a 300 WSM with no muzzle breaks. Both made by Mark Brown - Brown Precision rifles.