Zeiss, Leo VX5, VX6, or NF NX8

Haha
Don't get me wrong. I really really like my NF ATACR scopes. But their job is shooting at targets or small critters at 900+ yards from a rest that requires little carrying about.
The NF NXS line doesn't have the same quality glass as the Zeiss or ATACR line to my eye.
My Leupold vx5hd 4-20 has very good glass
Just keep going back to the Zeiss as a fine hunting scope

I have the Leupold HD5 and the 3X15 has worked well for me. It is not the lightest scope I have, but being a 30 MM tube it makes up for the added weight by being very clear. So far dial movements have been very precise and repeatable. At under 1K delivered, it was a bargain too. All you folks that tout nightforce should really compare them side by side with the Leupold HD5 and HD6. There is no doubt that Nightforce is a durable product, but as far as performance in the field, it doesn't match up, especially for the money spent.

Ordering a new gun in 300 PRC. Western hunting. Which of these brands/models would you put on top of it? I know the NF is the heaviest but aside from that what's your experiences?
I purchased a Begara .300PRC
And put a much larger muzzle break on it up to 60% I just love it for a entry level rifle here in Canada I found it reasonably priced at $1,700 .00 and it was on the shelf. I would of preferred a Ruger Hawkey chambered in .300PRC but the wait time was up to 2 years when I went to order it in turning 65 in May I'd sooner enjoy my time on my private 1.5 mile range. The Begara out of the box has a real sweet trigger at least the one I bought has and we haven't seen them up here yet but word has it Lapua is selling brass at your local sporting good store in USA. The only thing I'll change is I'm going to get a custom target or what we call a Bull Barrel put on it when I burn this one out. Enjoy your time and happy shooting. Ordering a new gun in 300 PRC. Western hunting. Which of these brands/models would you put on top of it? I know the NF is the heaviest but aside from that what's your experiences?

I purchased a Begara .300PRC
And put a much larger muzzle break on it up to 60% I just love it for a entry level rifle here in Canada I found it reasonably priced at $1,700 .00 and it was on the shelf. I would of preferred a Ruger Hawkey chambered in .300PRC but the wait time was up to 2 years when I went to order it in turning 65 in May I'd sooner enjoy my time on my private 1.5 mile range. The Begara out of the box has a real sweet trigger at least the one I bought has and we haven't seen them up here yet but word has it Lapua is selling brass at your local sporting good store in USA. The only thing I'll change is I'm going to get a custom target or what we call a Bull Barrel put on it when I burn this one out. Enjoy your time and happy shooting. Ordering a new gun in 300 PRC. Western hunting. Which of these brands/models would you put on top of it? I know the NF is the heaviest but aside from that what's your experiences?
Bergara is nice. I own 2 of them. A Ridge rifle in 22-250 and the ridge rifle sp 18" barrel in 6.5 creed. Love the creed. Have yet to shoot the 250. But so far they are worth the money. But I wanted something even lighter. Again this is my dream gun. Plus the wife is paying for the gun portion out of her own money as a gift :) I'm buying the scope and whatever else is part of the package deal.

3 experienced hunters wanted to buy a new scope at a local sporting goods.
All 3 looked at the same brands,Khales,Swarosvki,Nightforce and Leupold.All great brands but all three had different opinions of each scope.
I was buying a gun and waiting on paperwork as all three saw different problems with all scopes.
One person liked the Swarosvki but another said it's too dim,look through the Khales,not as good as the Swarosviki and the 3rd guy didn't seem to be able to get a clear sight picture with any of the scopes.
Its called ocular disparity and we all see differently through the scopes others say are terrible and we like it.
That's why I have trouble buying a scope through the mail.
What seems perfect to me might not be acceptable to you.
Look through as many as you can to make a good decision.
Old Rooster

I have the Leupold HD5 and the 3X15 has worked well for me. It is not the lightest scope I have, but being a 30 MM tube it makes up for the added weight by being very clear. So far dial movements have been very precise and repeatable. At under 1K delivered, it was a bargain too. All you folks that tout nightforce should really compare them side by side with the Leupold HD5 and HD6. There is no doubt that Nightforce is a durable product, but as far as performance in the field, it doesn't match up, especially for the money spent.
Because it's much more fun to compare a $3000 NF to a $500 Leupold. All my current scopes are Zeiss, but thinking about an HD5 if I buy another rifle. I'm not about to do that until we can easily buy ammo, brass, etc., though.

I can't look through them. Nobody around me carries the higher end models. Like I said in the earlier posts I have owned an NXS and currently a VX5HD. I had both at the same time for a little while and compared. The Nightforce and leupold both look good to me. So that's why I'm confident in my choice. And yes our eyes all see a bit different from each other therefore everyone is going to have different opinions on clarity, etc. I live on a lake and I have a clear shot across it which is about 800 yards. I'd say the NF edged out the Leo VX5HD. But the Leo is still a nice scope. And again I don't like Leupolds reticles near as much as the NF.

Nightforce is not only heavy but very tough!
On the nightforce web site they took a nightforce scope out of a frozen block of ice,chipped the ice off and put it on a rifle and shot a group and then took it off and hammered a nail into a log with the scope and put it back on the rifle and continued shooting without losing p o i.
That's tough
I would not do that to any of my scopes because I have a hammer for that job

All you folks that tout nightforce should really compare them side by side with the Leupold HD5 and HD6. There is no doubt that Nightforce is a durable product, but as far as performance in the field, it doesn't match up, especially for the money spent.

Performance in the field, can you explain?