Zeiss, Leo VX5, VX6, or NF NX8

Tgunz64

Ordering a new gun in 300 PRC. Western hunting. Which of these brands/models would you put on top of it? I know the NF is the heaviest but aside from that what's your experiences?

Every scope I have is a VX6HD and I have one VX5 on a 17HMR. That's my vote a VX6HD in 4-24-52 model. The scope isn't super heavy either like a Nightforce. Quality of glass will be as good or better than a Nightforce.

I always give an analogy to my friends here in the east. If you're buying a new truck to take hours away on a hunting trip, are you going to buy a truck that's more lightweight and gets better fuel mileage but has reliability issues, or are you going to buy the one that's going to use a little more fuel on the trip but it is know for being reliable and rugged?
I'm taking reliability every time.
I like leupolds for some rifles but prefer NF on long range hunting rigs, but that's just me. Everyone has different opinions.
Don't hate on me too much lol

I've spent a ton of time behind the VX6 HD 4-24 and the NX8 4-32. The leupold IS better, as far as glass and eye box are concerned. However, I have an NX8 on my rifle now strictly for reliability reasons. Although I never had an issue with the VX6. The NX8 is an excellent scope as well, not poor glass by any means, but the leupold was more pleasant and easier to get behind.

Isn't the VX5HD and VX6 the same glass? I prefer the VX5 on most of my rifles primarily for the weight savings. If you want more zoom range, then go with the heavier VX6 or NF options.
Yeah it is. I've owned them both. Only difference is the main tube diameter and zoom ratio. Also some different magnification ranges and objective diameters. Same glass though.

I think the Zeiss V4 is the best bang for the buck though!!
DA61C642-AA72-4530-9865-3C15E166D660.jpeg

3546D58E-BF76-4E3A-B515-D6A5448A1ACD.jpeg

They both kill though!!

The only thing I didn't like on the zeiss's doesn't seem like the turrets are as solid as the Leupolds and NF

The only thing I didn't like on the zeiss's doesn't seem like the turrets are as solid as the Leupolds and NF
Totally agree dude. Definitely a "mushy" feeling on the clicks lol. But mine did track and RTZ perfectly. Man I loved the turret on the ATACR, but I just didn't think it was $1000 & 10oz better than the NX8. Definitely justified on a heavier bench gun, but not a pack rifle. Super happy with the NX8 so far. Even though their turret zeroing process seems a bit much. They could come up with a better design I'd think.