• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Zeiss FL Diavari 4-16 x 50T rapid z 800

onpoint225

Long story short, Zeiss generously sent me this upgraded scope for a Conquest that broke during an elk hunt, at the most inopportune time.

I am still gun shy on Zeiss products and thought I would see if anyone might be willing to buy this NIB scope. It is valued at $2499. Will sell for $2200 buyer includes shipping.

I'm leaning towards the Swaroski Z5.

Just received it two days ago.

Gary

Long story short, Zeiss generously sent me this upgraded scope for a Conquest that broke during an elk hunt, at the most inopportune time.

I am still gun shy on Zeiss products and thought I would see if anyone might be willing to buy this NIB scope. It is valued at $2499. Will sell for $2200 buyer includes shipping.

Gary

Sure can understand why ur gun-shy of the product. If it failed on a all important Elk hunt. It does show how great the customer support and service is at Zeiss, you buy a $900 scope, it breaks, and you tell them, and they make it up by sending you a $2500 scope. NEVER have I heard of a scope maker sending something back 2.5x the value of what a buyer paid.

good luck on the sale

I have a brand new z5 3.5 18x 44 with a brh or brx reticle in it, not exactly sure which one, it is mounted on a new mcmillian rifle that has not been fired. Might be interested in trading if you wanted, thanks!

Gary

Gary, welcome to the forum. FYI, and don't get frustrated with me but a lot of smart fellas are gun shy on a member who's first post is for a sale item. Too many folks have been burned. That said, all the best on your sale.

...you buy a $900 scope, it breaks, and you tell them, and they make it up by sending you a $2500 scope. NEVER have I heard of a scope maker sending something back 2.5x the value of what a buyer paid.
Neither have I.

moab,utah. I was using a new conquest 4.5*14 over a new nosler trophy grade 300 wm. Took several months to works up some loads and settled on the partition over H4831. Took two fouling shots upon arrival, everything perfect. Third day of the hunt, started to set up on a nice elk, 400 yards and suddenly everything was blurry. Took a minute to figure it out but the parallax assembly had worked loose and fell into the scope body. Sound like a kids rattle toy. Game over. No elk. Next days with back up gun yield zero..

Got home and googled this issue and low and behold found another fellow who had the same problem last year with his new scope...Could have been on this forum dont remember.

That is why I am leery...

I drove through there. Stayed in a hotel in fact, when I left Casper, WY on my way to Cortez back in 2004.

moab,utah. I was using a new conquest 4.5*14 over a new nosler trophy grade 300 wm. Took several months to works up some loads and settled on the partition over H4831. Took two fouling shots upon arrival, everything perfect. Third day of the hunt, started to set up on a nice elk, 400 yards and suddenly everything was blurry. Took a minute to figure it out but the parallax assembly had worked loose and fell into the scope body. Sound like a kids rattle toy. Game over. No elk. Next days with back up gun yield zero..

Got home and googled this issue and low and behold found another fellow who had the same problem last year with his new scope...Could have been on this forum dont remember.

That is why I am leery...

Darn. Sorry to hear your hunt got ruined. glad you sold the scope, seems like all this misfortune has you out on top, you bought a $900 scope and sold a replacement for $2300, so you made a clean profit of $1,400.00

I would love to buy a conquest and have it break and get a high end Zeiss back.
sounds like a dream come true.

I guarantee Leupold or Night-force etc would NEVER send you a replacement scope 2.5x the value back to you because a scope ruined your hunt.
It would be equal value and you eat the loss of your ruined hunt at best.