Zeiss elevation problem

Kentucky

Thank all of you for your help and patients with me. I just got back from a very good praire dog shoot with my .223 ruger and a leupold scope. When I got back, the zeiss that I ordered was here. In order to fit the 50 mm scope on my varmint barrel I had to use leuplod extra high mounts. NOW , the problem. I tried to sight in the rifle tonight with the zeiss on it and couldn't get enough elevation . I am topped out AMD all the way to the left on the winage. At 100 I am hitting 2 in high and 3 in right. What I want to know is can the factory stops be changed by the costumer without messing the scope up? I have checked the ballistics on the extra high mounts vs. high mounts and there is not that much difference to mess me up that bad. I will call zeiss tomorrow but just wanted your input. Thanks

Which Zeiss scope did you order? The stops cannot be changed. If you ordered the HD5 with locking turrets you need to remove the metal stop under the turret and readjust them once you find your rifles zero. A pic might help here.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Which Zeiss scope are you working with?
Are your mounts on the receiver or are they on a picatinny style rail/base?
If they're on a rail, is it an elevated rail/base? If so, how much elevation does it have?
What rings are you using?

I just mounted a Conquest 4.5-14x50 on my Winchester model 70. I ran out of windage. I did not have this problem with the Nikon 3x9 or Weatherby 3x9 that were previously on it. I called Jay at Sport Optics. He said this sometimes happens when you go to a higher magnification scope. Perhaps the action was not drilled correctly. He solved the problem for me by sending me 20moa windage adjustable scope mounts made by Leupold.

How'bout correcting the mechanical problem that is causing you to run out if adjustment??? I try to keep the erector centered for best optical performance.

I Just used a set of Burris Signature rings with the Offset insets, they cured my running out of adjustment problem.
Liked them so well I order another set.

Mark

Thanks again to all. Out of pir deparation I decided to go ahead and attempt a fix. I looked loud and hard at the stop function amd decided that I could move it to my satisfaction. To make a long story short, it worked. The Comquest HD 5 has a total of 70 "clicks " of elevation with the stop set for 16 ( I believe). Just removed the dial and turned it past the stop and started elevating. Same with the Windage. As soon as I get it zeroed at 100 I will move the adjust back to bottom stop. Again, thanks to all of you.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.