Zeiss Diavari FL or Victory HT

Bill308

I've been trying to figure this out with little luck. The Diavari FL is more expensive but Zeiss claims the Victory HT has the brightest glass. So what am I missing? I've read the Diavari FL is designed for long range but no explanation as to what this has over the HT. Can the HT not be used for long range? Can someone help me out here, thank you

Last edited:
The HT is the newest generation in the Diavari line up. If you are paying more for an FL then you need to find another vendor. The Victory HT rifle scopes with the newly designed ASV turret system is fantastic. The newer updated illumination system is a great improvement.

On the flip side they are still behind the power curve when it come to the erector IMHO. I'm really surprised the new HT isn't offered in a 6x system.

If you look at the offerings in the FL, they are all higher magnifications. I guess this is where the "made for distance shooting" statement comes from. I wouldn't be surprised if we see these go away and are replaced by a similar HT model in the near future.

I realize where I messed up. I was comparing the diavari fl 4-16 to the victory 3-12. Of course the 4-16 is going to be more expensive. Sorry about that. That being said am I going to be disappointed in the 4-16 FL vs the 3-12 HT? Somehow I doubt it as long as I don't need the absolute best low light performance

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.