Zeiss Diavari 6-24x56 or IOR 6-24???

jcollie

Hey guys, Im about to purchase a new scope for some long range hunting. Im tossing up between the IOR 6-24 and the Zeiss 6-24. I need a really tough scope that is super reliable and accurate on tracking.
If I go the way of the Zeiss it will cost me an extra $500USD. Is it worth it????

Id really appreciate some experienced feed back or suggestions.

Thanks

I do not have any first hand knowledge, but the boys at Sniper's hide certainly do. From what you are asking and what they say, I think you mite want to have a serious look at U.S. optics. From what they say the only thing more impressive than the scopes is the service you receive!
I have a burris 8x32 bd and i'ts not bad, but now I wish that I had saved a little longer.
Cdog.

All I know is that I examined the Zeiss and the IOR side by side at the 2006 Shot Show, and couldn't tell any difference in optical quality,

My shooting buddy has two IORs and loves them.

IMHO the Zeiss isn't worth the extra money, but others may disagree.

I have two IOR's both are top notch, i have compared it to Nightforce and Zeiss, i cant tell any difference. Yes they are 35mm tubes, the rings are heavy and narrow, that is the only down point i see. Glenn Seekins has the 6 screw alloy rings in 35mm, this would be a good fix IMO.

Dave

I have to admit I like IOR. I have 3 at the moment. The Early Zeiss were dissappointing - very WHITE image - poor contrast. Not seen the new 56mm - the 72 was improved but I'd still opt for an IOR I think. Zeiss problem for me (as are many IOR) is SFP reticles.

Thank you everyone for your opinions!! seems everyone loves IOR scopes! your all starting to influence me......

Optical dilemma

I bought a Zeiss 6-24x72.

I LOVE it. The differences show up when the light starts to fade. But, I also own IOR scopes and the glass IS superb.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts