zeiss conquest vs. leupold

I looked at both Zeiss and Leupold. Both are outstanding. I found that the difference wasn't worth the price. I found a great deal on a leupold and it made the price difference even more dramatic. I got mine at huntersdiscount.com

Hi JE CUSTOM , Welcome and thanks for ressurecting this thread.I say that because I have put off purchase of a new scope till now and my new .300winnie is going to be ready soon.What about the 8.5x25mk4 lrt?, it has the multicoat 4 coating and I cant go any place around here and compare it to the Zeiss or IOR. Back when this thread was started Goodgrouper brought a good point about who uses what when the money is on the line.As far as comparing a S&B to the Leupold I hardly think thats fair(1500.00vs 1000.00)I guess the same goes for the IOR.Right now I'm pretty much committed to buying the Leupold.Anybody know where I can get a good deal on a 8.5x25Mk.4lrt? thanks again ,Jim

The question is to compare Leupold and Conquest 6.5X20. Can't help you there, but I own both in 4.5X14. one is 50MM and the Zeiss is 44MM. It's really splitting hairs, but it seems like the Conquest is superior, optically. I think it's made in the States, as well? The Leupold is shorter.

I've had the Leupold for quite a few years, but seem to recall that it cost about $400(?) at the time. The Conquest was about $675, last year.

There are features besides apparent clarity, to consider, Warranty, engineering, durability, low light "brightness", reputation, and that gray area, American made (assembled)with Euro components or is it somewhere in Asia?

They are both decent, take your pick. LB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.