Zeiss Conquest V4 Scopes

General RE LEE

I ordered a show room demo of the Conquest V4 yesterday to go on my 7mm STW Sendero. I own Leupold VX5 HDs for my other rifles so I wanted something in a similar class for hunting and some dialing for distance.

Any reviews on the Zeiss Conquest V4 line? How is the low light performance and tracking?

Tons and tons on this optics. Do search on here, google, YouTube etc.

VX5HD is better in low light by a noticeable amount.

I would have went VX5HD if there had been a deal available. I saw a deal on the Conquest V4 and took it. I have Conquest HD binoculars and they are good quality for the price although Leupold has excellent coatings for low light performance.

I would have went VX5HD if there had been a deal available. I saw a deal on the Conquest V4 and took it. I have Conquest HD binoculars and they are good quality for the price although Leupold has excellent coatings for low light performance.
Eithers a good choice. You won't be disappointed in the ZEISS.

I had a vx4 and the glass was noticeably darker in low light compared to the vx5hd, the worst thing was the image quality went to crap when looking at long range targets in less than good light.
It bothered me a bunch, plus it didn't track.

I don't necessarily trust my vx5 to track over time either so I bought the impact 29 reticle, its on a med range light hunting setup and its perfect for that application.
Surprisingly tracking is spot on so far to 800 yards, which is further than I'll hunt with that rifle.

My Leupold vx5 is the best low light scope I've ever used. I shot a mule deer buck last fall in a blinding snow at dusk in WYduring and awhitetail buck at dawn in a blinding snow in WI both bucks revealedsmall antlersed during that low light.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.