Zeiss conquest scopes w/ rapid z reticle

huntokanogan

Any body have any experience with the Zeiss conquest scopes with the rapid z reticle?
I just bought a 7mm stw and was thinking about putting a zeiss 4.5-14 with the rapid z-800 reticle. What do you think?
This is a rifle that will be used primarily for hunting

I have the varmint reticle on my 22-250AI and I just love it. I'm putting the z-1000 on a new 338 AX that I'm having built. I wish I had gotten the z-800 however. I wanted to be able to go to 1000yds and the 800 would have done it for me. I suspect it will do it for you as well. Good Luck

I have a conquest w rapid z 800. You need to lgo on the zeiss website and put your loads in and see if the ranges will work for you. chances are that if you want to make them all work you will half to change your loads and perhap the bc to get the ranges to work out. The loads tend to work out in the low 3000fps. If your happy with the first 500 yards being on and having to remember that 600yds may actually be 650 eg and so on then you will love the scope,very clear and good eye releaf. just my 2 cents

I have one on a 300 WSM. It works great, and the exbal calculator works fantastic. I run mine with two loads. the 168 E tip at 3200 fps, and the 200 Accubond at 2885 fps. Both match the reticle deadly close when using the calculated magnification for each load.

I'm looking at the z too to decorate a 257 why or a 270 wsm but I'm not clear on whether 600 or 800. I'll be spending some quality time at the zeiss website and googling during the games :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.