Zeiss conquest Rapid z

bstomper

Does the rapid Z system that the zeiss scopes use work and are they accurate. I have been on their web site and I understand how they work but I just want to hear from some users on how accurately they work.

I have one on my .223 AR a rapid Z 600. I used the calculator on the web site to get the exact power to put it on for my 60gr Berger load which was 7.5X. I then took it to the range and it was on the money out to 600yds as far as elevation went. I still had to figure windage which the hash marks for windage helped as well.
I will assume you realize that beyond your sight-in( which mine is 200yds) that you will have to set the power ring at a specific powder for it to be on target beyond 200 yards.

Thanks for the replys guys. Yes I do realize that past the 200 yard sight in I have to use the optimal power range for accurate shooting. I just wanted to know if the system worked or not out to the extended ranges. I am looking for a scope for my 7mm rem mag and want to get a good scope the first time. I have a buddy that has a conquest scope and he loves it but it doesn't have the rapid z reticle. I have scoured this site for information on the scopes and they have pretty good reviews, but not much on the rapid z part.
I have contacted Ziess customer support and they told me for the 7mm rem mag, the rapid z 800 would best suit it.

Works great on my 338RUM out to 600yds which is as far as I've shot. I have the 4.5-14x44 Rapid-Z 800. Great hunting reticle though it is a little heavy for serious target shooting.

I have two rapid z on guns in my safe. One is the rapid z 600 the other is the 800. I love em' for how I use them. My 800 is set up for dual use with knobs. Some people complain about the reticle on the 800 being too thick, but I've never had a problem shooting bug holes with it. I actually like the thickness in low light. That reticle and Zeiss lenses make a nice combo.

I have been using a zeis conquest 4.5 x 14 rapid z 8oo this hunting season. I love it. Very fast and accurate if you know your muzzle velocity and use the zeis website to optimize the various holdover bars. The glass is very clear. I suggest testing the scope set at your optimized power to make sure the wind bars work for your caliber. Personally, I prefer to dial the scope, but out to a reasonable distance of 500 -600 yds or so, this scope is very fast.

I will be changing all of my hunting rifles to this scope as time and money permits.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.