Zeiss conquest HD 5x25- 50

birddog67

Has any one looked thru one of these dudes yet , I have been hearing good things about these and you can get them with target turrets, price is right also , any opinions !
Or experience with them , I believe this model is made in Germany :D

I am very anxious to check out this new scope. I ordered one from optics planet about two days ago. As soon as I get it, Ill post my thoughts of it.

What tube diameter is that? The picture on Optics Planet looks like a 1", I sure hope not...

The price is great though, I'm looking forward to seeing a review.

t

lightbulbPremium Performance and Maximum Versatility at an Exceptional Price Point

NORTH CHESTERFIELD, VA., January 2, 2013 – Carl Zeiss Sports Optics, the world's leading manufacturer in high performance sports optics, is pleased to announce the new CONQUEST HD5 riflescope line. Designed for today's demanding hunters, the CONQUEST HD5 features a superior 5x variable magnification range, new ballistic lockable turrets and redesigned RAPID-Z® ballistic reticles all built into the most compact SuperZoom™ 1-inch riflescope in the industry. In addition, optical enhancements coupled with traditional features such as the Carl Zeiss' proprietary T* lens coating for unsurpassed light transmission and LotuTec® water-repellant hydrophobic lens coating will make this riflescope line an industry benchmark. Quite simply, the CONQUEST HD5 with its 5x SuperZoom™ sets a new standard for features and performance in its price range.

Designed, engineered and assembled in Germany, these compact 1-inch tube scopes with ¼ MOA adjustments are available in three models -

Crap, they are 1" tubes, that a major turn off. I wonder why they choose to go that route..

t

I don't know how many revolutions per turn, but they have 65 MOA of adjustment. That's the same as a viper pst with a 30mm tube but you get it in a lighter, more compact 1 inch scope.

So has anyone seen what the MOA per turret revolution is and how much total elevation is has. I will guess 65

Jeff

Looking at the few pictures I've found, I want to say 20moa.

I don't know how many revolutions per turn, but they have 65 MOA of adjustment. That's the same as a viper pst with a 30mm tube but you get it in a lighter, more compact 1 inch scope.

With a 50mm objective, it's not going to be much more compact. The 42's should be though, might make a great scope for a lightweight sheep rifle. I'd also like to see how the locking turret works.

t

With a 50mm objective, it's not going to be much more compact. The 42's should be though, might make a great scope for a lightweight sheep rifle. I'd also like to see how the locking turret works.

t

I too would like to see how the locking turrets function. The 1 inch tube won't make a huge difference on weight, but it doesn't hurt it's adjustment range either so it's a toss up in my book. I do wonder how much more travel they could have got with a 30mm tube though...

I imagine the glass will be really good. I'm interested to see some first hand reviews.

65 moa is enough for most users. If set up with a 30 moa rail this should give you around 60 moa up. That would get my 300 win out past a mile at my altitude.

As long as the turret revolutions are in 10's either 10 or 20 would be fine for me. I just hate it when a mfg. does something stupid like 12 or 13 moa per rev. That can get confusing.

Sorry if I missed it but what is the MSRP?

Jeff

I am also very interested in puttung my hands on one of these scope. I am looking at the 3x15x42 model. I thought cameralandny said the elevation was 70 and windage was 50 but I could be wrong. I would like to hear some hands on reviews before I buy one. Sorry the elevation is 65 on the 5x25x50 but he 3x15x42 is 70 moa.

999.99- 1074.99 depeding on reticle choices.

Not too shabby I guess.

Am I the only one thinking it looks funny with that iddy biddy tube & 50mm obj? :D

t

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.