Zeiss Conquest Elevation Travel

cmiller36

I'm looking at purchasing a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 scope, but don't know how much elevation and windage travel it has. Anyone out there have one these scopes and know off hand?

Chris,

So by my calculations this translates to about 65 MOA elevation and about 43 MOA windage. Could you confirm?

Each scope will very a little here and there by 5 or so MOA.

If we can be of help in getting you a Zeiss fell free to let me know.

Mike @ CSGW

So by my calculations this translates to about 65 MOA elevation and about 43 MOA windage

Well your math is right. I haven't actually cranked mine to the limits each way, but with Burris Sig. Rings I wind up about 11 MOA from bottoming out and still have enough to get past 1K with my 7mm SAUM.

Chris

Without a canted base I am getting about 20 MOA out of a zeiss conquest in Leupold rings. I have my scope on a friends 7mm/08 temporarily just working up a load for the gun's owner. I cannot get to 800 without using an alternate aiming point in the reticule. With a canted base you should be fine.

Without a canted base I am getting about 20 MOA out of a zeiss conquest in Leupold rings. I have my scope on a friends 7mm/08 temporarily just working up a load for the gun's owner. I cannot get to 800 without using an alternate aiming point in the reticule. With a canted base you should be fine.

This is what I tend to hear. For guys that would like to get out to 1k with a 308 or equal I recommend a 30moa to a 40moa base.

Mike @ CSGW

With my zero I get 29 MOA elevation, which is just a bit over 1K with a 4.5-14 on my 300 WSM and a 20 MOA base.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.