Zeiss Conquest/20MOA Base Question

CLKHunter

Hey Everyone. New member here, but have been lurking for a while. What a great website. Finally I learned the diff between parallax and focus after this thread lol
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/parallax-vs-focus-1988/

Have a question regarding 20 MOA bases. Currently I have a AR15 with
Bush Predator upper and Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20X50 mounted on Burris PEPR mount. The manual for Zeiss says that in order to be able to use all the available elevation adjustment on the scope, I need to have it installed on a 20MOA base. It made sense so I went ahead and ordered ADM Recon 20MOA. the link is below:
American Defense MFG, LLC | Browse | Scope Mounts | AD-RECON Scope Mount 20 MOA

The issue is that after installing the ADM mount, I noticed that when i tried to boresight the rifle, the crosshairs were too low with what i saw from inside the bore even with the elev dial maxed out (all the way down). I went to the range and as expected, i was shooting up by around a foot at 200 yards when i had the crosshairs on bullseye. Then I put the Burris PEPR back on, put the scope on factory zero, and after few clicks of adjustment its shooting perfect at 200 yards with plenty of elevation adjustment (up and down) available. So this rules out the scope being an issue. So before I start sending stuff back, do you think I'm doing something wrong as far as installing the ADM mount? The scope is out of adjustments, and the base itself has no adjustments available. I tried different locations on the rail, diff torque specs etc.. but still the same result. even at 400 yards I'm shooting up by probably about 8 inches with elevation dial maxed out. I realize that 20MOA is for long range, but i'm pretty sure its should be ok to hit targets at 200 or 300 yards. Any insight will be greatly appreciated

I have not had this problem but I have read of guys who have. A 20moa base may be too much for shorter yardage with some rifles. I have a 20 on my kimber advance tact. and while it sighted in great, I still have nearly all my elevation adj. on the scope still available. I wouldn't worry about it too much about using a 20moa base unless your wanting to really stretch the range of your AR.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.