Zeiss Conques V4 6-24x50

AKBoling

I just picked up a Zeiss Conquest 6-24x50 to replace my Viper HS 4-14, does anyone have any first hand experience with this scope. The one I purchased is the ZBR-1 reticle in a SFP. I also picked up a SIG Kilo1800BDX. The reason for these upgrades was due to a shot I had to pass up on this year. I had a trophy moose in my crosshairs at roughly 550 and just didn't feel comfortable taking the shot. I am currently shooting a 325 WSM X-Bolt with one of two different loads, I shoot Barnes tsx and Nosler AB both in the 200gr option. Both bullets have similar BC and velocity and both shoot very good out of my rifle at around 2860 (per the manual) I will be getting a chrono or verifying velocity through drop calculations as soon as I can get out and shoot (waiting on new rings). Anyway just looking for thoughts on how to setup or improve my system for hunting out to plus or minus 500 yds.

I got mine today with lite zmoa reticle. Just playing with it at the house I think I am really going to like it. If it will quit raining long enough I will get it mounted on my 308 and get it sighted in. The only thing I did not like is I wish they would have given you the option to dial for wind. I have two of the older Conquest scopes. I have had great service out of them. Sounds like your on the right road to me. 550 should be no problem with practice. You won't need to pass next time. Good luck on your next hunt.

I got mine today with lite zmoa reticle. Just playing with it at the house I think I am really going to like it. If it will quit raining long enough I will get it mounted on my 308 and get it sighted in. The only thing I did not like is I wish they would have given you the option to dial for wind. I have two of the older Conquest scopes. I have had great service out of them. Sounds like your on the right road to me. 550 should be no problem with practice. You won't need to pass next time. Good luck on your next hunt.

I ordered mine through promotive and paid $465 for it so I don't think I can go wrong at that price. A windage turret would be nice but I think the reticle will be adequate for a wind hold at the ranges I plan on shooting while hunting. If I'm just target shooting I suppose I could just remove the cap and try not to lose it.

I was a SHV guy before I decided to get the Zeiss V4. Now I want to sell my shv to get another V4.
My favourite thing about them is the 50mm and I like the dial a lot more and you get a actual zero stop and 20 moa per turn.

I just got a HD5 5-25. So far, I'm pretty happy with it. For $730 it's hard to beat. Solid scope, good turrets. Haven't tested the tracking yet but it's a zeiss.... the zero stop is nice but if you use it you only get 16moa out of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.