Zeiss 4x14x44 Conquest ZRF reticle

Long Time Long Ranger

Has anyone had any experience with this scope and the ZRF reticle. I found one dirt cheap on a closeout special and wondered if it was worth it. It has the target turrets. I know nothing about a ZRF reticle.

The ZRF reticle is Zeiss's rangefinding reticle that's supposed to be set up for a deer. The only problem is that it's off to the side of the reticle's vertical axis. I'd much prefer my rangefinding reticles to be right along the vertical axis so they dbl. as a ballistic reticle like Leupold's Varmint Hunter or my favorite--the Rapid Reticle.

My partner runs the 6.5-20. He is pleased. However, we haven't done a box test or power test. So, the glass is not bad and it seems to track well. The tactical type turrets are great.

Thanks for the help. I also like stuff on the vertical axis for ballistics. Off to the side is clutter to me. I am a dealer and it is a dealer closeout I think for $539. If the optics are good and it tracks well I thought about giving it a shot. I have never tried the conquest but have ordered a few for others.

Derek, I have decided against getting that scope because of the reticle. I could get it for you but you would have shipping to me and then to you. Got to be a dealer to get it at that price. I could get it when I have a larger order coming in and the shipping to me would be minimal.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.