Youth meat packs

Win.308Stealth

I'm planning on taking my 12 yo son and 15 yo daughter antelope hunting this year. Planning on going to Wyoming. I have a cabelas frame pack I use to haul out meat, but I also want my kids to help out with packing out (I know I can pack out an antelope, but I want them to put some work into it besides pulling the trigger).

Any suggestions on a youth frame pack?

Most kids have school packs and they have lots of heavy books. Weigh what your kids tote to school daily and you will have a good idea of what they are used to carrying.
Depending on terrain a cart might be a better idea.

Attachments

• Phil450yds.jpg
    Phil450yds.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Cynthia 1st 350yds.JPG
    Cynthia 1st 350yds.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 160
What you might do about packs, is contact a boy scout troop leader. Those kids are always outgrowing packs and you might can pick up a used pack cheaply.

The eberlestock packs have a super easy to adjust shoulder harness system that can fit even the smallest frames. I have shortened mine down for my 12 year old brother to wear and it fit him fine. I'm 6'2, and I still have room to adjust upwards, not that I ever will.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.