Your 'yote rifle and...

Most of the area I call have the above mentioned animals, though I normally call more in the winter when the bruins are sleeping. Last year I carried my 257 wby a lot simply because the 100gr Barnes do very little damage to the hide. When sticking to your 3 cartridges I usually use a 22-250 and generally carry a 3" 357 anytime I head out. Depending on the areas I will be calling sometime a shotgun is taken for close shots as well. Ive never really purposely took something bigger to deal with larger "varmints".

Option 1 - I always pack my Glock 29 when out hunting. I worry just as much about 2 legged critters as I do 4 when I am in the woods. Also my go to daytime coyote gun is a 25-06 with 115 gr bergers. Not a grizzly gun, but enough medicine for most predators I encounter out coyote hunting.

243 or 243ai 87 vmax and 12 ga 500 or 835 Triple bb in the 500 and T in the 835 IC and modified chokes. If I have a pistol it's a 4" H&R 22lr.

Ar15 5.56 with at least 3 full 30rnd mags, a 500 S&W for grizzlies, and a 300 win mag Kimber Advanced tactical for long range work. I don't go that far from the house before I pass out from exhaustion. I know that sounds silly, because it is meant to be. As long as I possess a firearm, being that I am human and have conceius thought I feel like the superior species. Not that I would want to go against a grizz with a 22lr, but I would take that over a stick.

I hunt in that most of the time. Typically I have a 12 ga with #2 hevishot or BB lead in my hands and a small caliber rifle of some sort on shooting sticks. I usually have a G22 on my hip. There is NOTHING getting past a load of hevishot at 10 yards so I don't worry much. The rifle is for the coyotes that hang up at 100 yards. The Glock is just in case...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts