Your own 1000 plus range?

I wish I had a 1 mile range within 4 hours. I have to drive 4 hours to get to a 955 yd range. Nice range, but limited distance. Costs $200 a day to stay in the ranch house and more if you have an instructor. The $200 a day is not bad though because it includes meals.
Triple C in Cresson, Texas up near Dallas. Not sure what part of south Texas you're in. Also thought there was/use to be one near Houston or Victoria.

Well for those who might be interested, there are a few clubs in Pa with 1000 yd ranges.
By and large however you wont be permitted to use those facilities at your convenance.
The Ridgeway rifle club is the exception however, as a member you can shoot there every day there isnt a match scheduled.

The problem with many places including Pa, is that from May till late November all the leaves on the tree covered side hills make it all but impossible to shoot.
So unless you use a power line or a gas line location you wont be doing any shooting.
Except of coarse at the established ranges.

Trees and leaves are usually not a problem in Texas. Its the cactus that is the problem. And we cant shoot on powerline ROW.
Listen Jim, if you walk up and ask, there will be lots of things you wont be permitted to do.
If were talking public land, then it is in fact our land, and not some dudes who gets paid to tell us what we can and cant do. My advise would be to go on weekends, or holidays, or super bowl kneel day, and just enjoy yourself.

there is no, NONE, federal public land in Texas and all land owners can shoot to kill especially if there are cattle on the land. Dont take Texas Cattlemen lightly!!! And there is a NO firearms rule in Texas parks.

yes, BUT we can carry openly and into the capitol and other state buildings. Suppressors, so called "assault rifles", and machine guns are not illegal. We still have our second amendment. And the lack of public lands is actually a result of FREEDOM, the state doesnt control the land, the people do.

range.jpgrange 2.jpgrange 3.jpg

Im lucky to have my own too. 1 pic i got 400 to 830 yards 2 is my 900 and 1000 and last pic is my 1800 which I can now go to neighbors place and get 2 miles .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.