Your own 1000 plus range?

i built my own. Can shoot over 1,200 yards if I desire just walking out my basement door. Have ar500 @ 850 and everything in between. I use movable targets out further so as not to mess with the crop land work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    871.6 KB · Views: 53
First-world problems...

Here on my local ranges, the furthest is 200y. And you have to qualify to be allowed to shoot on it. Hilarious!

I just made a new friend. Brother of an old friend. They have many sections of land in West Texas. Its a long drive but I have been invited for a long stay next time they go out for goats. Says they can accommodate 3 miles if I want it. I was honored to be invited because they NEVER let anyone on their place for hunting OR shooting OR anything else. VERY private people.. I feel like a member of the family now! Very good friends.

Here is my setup in CO; I can shoot as far as I want; this one points out my 905 yard gong. In AZ, I have a 500 yard range 10 min from the house or I can drive 45 minutes to shoot in desert.

Only issue in AZ (besides the drive) is shooting is prohibited on BLM and forest service land anywhere from late April through as late as Sept (this year it was even later).

Being able to shoot several time per day as the wind changes is so much better than driving almost an hour to shoot in one condition.

Attachments

• 905 target area.png
    905 target area.png
    779.4 KB · Views: 46
Rifles only told me very emphatically, when I called, that they are a private club. I could not even pay for a day on the range. Also they seem to cater to Rambo wanna bes based on their advertising not target shooters.

I dont know about the one near Junction. The one north of Austin was shut down by local residents that said it was dangerous.
Lol, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so quick. They train police and military all over the world. It was them working with military type shooters that brought about this PRS thing. They've done a lot of good for the long range community. They teach classes. Maybe you should attend one. It could only help.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.