Your own 1000 plus range?

Thats BS, everyone should go west and stay out of Texas. We dont have any BLM land because when the Nation of Texas joined the US it was on the condition that the feds could NOT have any of Texas land. It all belongs to Texas individuals, unfortunately. The King ranch could be used for hundreds of ranges if they chose to.
That agreement has been interpreted so that the BLM is in Amarillo with a helium production plant. So the feds did get in, but it seems as if BLM does not have Open Range land in Texas.

Rifles only told me very emphatically, when I called, that they are a private club. I could not even pay for a day on the range. Also they seem to cater to Rambo wanna bes based on their advertising not target shooters.

I dont know about the one near Junction. The one north of Austin was shut down by local residents that said it was dangerous.
The guys that initially bought our property to build Rifles Only were jerks from day one. I've never liked any of those snap back wearing, jacked up jeep wanna bees. And lord some of the arrogant cops that frequented the place! Asking to see people's form 4s and crap. Theres another range in Marble Falls that you can join. It only goes to 600 last I checked but the people are very nice. You get the combination and get to go in virtually any time. It's called Copperhead Creek. The range outside Austin they closed was a bad deal. Some people put in a subdivision right behind the berms and then cried foul. Since they allowed full autos and other stuff it was inevitable there was going to be conflict. I spent many days as the only one or two people on the line there banging steel. Now I'm up North with acres of public land....but its covered in trees!

Nice big wind indicators!

Well I would move then, haha. The west is just so much better all the way around anyway...I only have to drive 15 minutes to shoot for miles...And it doesnt cost anything but $3 for gas to get there, and I'm the only one there to boot. Dont have to deal with anyone, or any idiots... That's just dumb what some of you guys down south and back east have to drive, and pay for to shoot LR. Come out west, we have plenty of room...
View attachment 226465

7 foxtrot fire arms training, its near pearsall. Is what you are looking for. It does require a membership but it isn't terrible if you have paid 200 a day to shoot else where.

Well I would move then, haha. The west is just so much better all the way around anyway...I only have to drive 15 minutes to shoot for miles...And it doesnt cost anything but $3 for gas to get there, and I'm the only one there to boot. Dont have to deal with anyone, or any idiots... That's just dumb what some of you guys down south and back east have to drive, and pay for to shoot LR. Come out west, we have plenty of room...
View attachment 226465
Yep, I always did want to shoot one of those wind turbines from a great distance. Looks like you are all set up and ready to knock the tips off some of those things. Great photo of happiness.

I feel your pain being in south Louisiana. We have one place that goes out to 935 that is public. Other than that they have a 1 mile range just outside of Jackson, Mississippi but that's a 3-4 hour drive for me.
who is more in pain here is me guys!!! no way for us to shoot 1000 yard and the ranges offer max 300 yard.. living on a city for me .. is even harder to meet new people that have lands a d if u are lucky they say no anyways...we rented a land for hunting... rhe longest shot possibke is 140 yard.. life suck in quebec..

I wish I had a 1 mile range within 4 hours. I have to drive 4 hours to get to a 955 yd range. Nice range, but limited distance. Costs $200 a day to stay in the ranch house and more if you have an instructor. The $200 a day is not bad though because it includes meals.
Have you approached any of the large ranchers close by?

I feel your pain being in south Louisiana. We have one place that goes out to 935 that is public. Other than that they have a 1 mile range just outside of Jackson, Mississippi but that's a 3-4 hour drive for me.
I live in lafayette,la where is the range that goes out to 935?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.