Your Opinion Please

Good

Hi all, I have the opportunity to get a Burris Black Diamond 6-24 power from a friend, slightly used, for $400, and that's all the money I have. I don't think I'll ever have more money than this for a scope so don't even mention saving for a US Optics SN-9 or the like! He will be buying a Vortex Viper PST FFP for his .308 once he sells the Burris.

My question is, is there something better for the price (for me)? Should I look somewhere else, to another brand possibly to get the best bang for my buck(s)?

Here's a link to the Burris:

Burris Black Diamond Scopes

I will be banging long-range gongs and punching paper with a 30-06 that will become a 6.5x284 soon at which point will be used for long-range deer and below game.

Thanks for your help,

Tim.

I've never looked through one, but I have a Fullfield II that works well on a 22. Seems like a pretty good deal if the turrets are repeatable and the lens's aren't scratched up. The only drawback I can see would be the 1/8moa. adjustments. Should be a nice scope for $400!

Money well spent
If you don't like it (you will) you can sell it for $500 without much effort
If you pass on it at $400 have your friend contact me, at that price I will buy it

I love my Burris FF2'S. Theyre a well built tough and rugged scope thats hard to beat for the price. Ill be buying another FF2 in the tac model untill I can afford the Leupold Mark 4. But as of yet I have 0 reason to complain about Burris. Bang for your buck I choose Burris first, then Nikon. For $400 you cant go wrong IMO.
As stated earlier, 1/8 moa sounds like a pain in the butt, but what you get for the price.......... sounds like a good deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.