• 61 to 80 yards

Votes: 102 22.5%
  • 81 to 100 yards

Votes: 32 7.1%
  • Over 100 yards

Votes: 27 6.0%

• Total voters

wv270wsm

63 yards verified with range finder before the shot. Matthews switchback shooting carbon impact fat shafts with a magnus stinger 2 blade. Those things shoot great when turned with your cock feather. The ol girl went roughly 20 yards over the bank and ran into a telephone pole dead on her feet . Or maybe she killed herself running into the pole lol

carl1775

Here is my first whitetail buck. I am pretty excited about the fact I harvested him. 80 yds., broad side , left to right, 15 mph crosswind, Tenpoint shadow crossbow. Usually, I go out, stomp around the woods for half a day and shoot a mature doe, because I'm bored. I went to IL, for vacation and hunted with a fair chase, free range outfitter. Everyone there, said I was an idiot for going to IL, to hunt, when I live in KS. But, if I take vacation at home, I don't hunt, I work on projects. Any way, super excited about this guy, just thought I'd share. I like seeing other peoples game, so thought I'd share.

Attachments

Clem Bronkoski

When I shot a verticle bow I practiced regularly out to 70 yards. In the woods where I hunt I could never shoot that far but it made the 20-30 yard shots much easier. My longest shot was at a relaxed 8 point ranged at 43 yards. Even relaxed he reacted to the shot but I aimed low anticipating this and my broadhead sheared the top of his heart. He only ran 50 yards and died right on an old logging road.

03USMC

Killed a whitetail doe, coyotes and hogs at 55 yards, although I usually hold my personal limit to 50 yards. Most everything I take is usually 30 yards or less.
If I had a big bull elk broadside I wouldn’t hesitate to let one fly a little further (larger vitals), but definitely nothing over 75.

Trending threads

Recent Posts