Your favorite long range rifle pic.

Pretty good Komok-- is that a woodchuck "sleeping" next to your gun? What kind of varmints do they have out there in Russia??

Posted in the General Discussion forum but figured this was the topic that applied...Sorry....didnt see it til this evening...

HD Built M40a3 308 caliber
DD Ross bottom metal
Badger Max50 rings, Badger Tapered base
Leupold 6.5-20x50 LRT with knob job from D Thomas at Premiere Reticles
Walther Barrel

medium.jpg

Lotta nice rifles out there....

'Squatch........

Well my LR Rig is primitive compared to some of the other stuff but here's the group I shoot with it:

It is a Remington 700 Sendero SF in 7 RUM topped with Sightron SII Series 6-24X mil-dot in Leupold Mounts. It also has the original trigger worked down from a terrible 8.5 pounds down to something more reasonable. Of course the Harris Bipod sitting model is my saving grace for a steady rest!

null
senderopic.jpg

[ 01-06-2004: Message edited by: The_Mountaineer ]

This is my favorite long range rifle. I built it on a forged norinco receiver and a douglas heavy 1-10 6 groove barrel with all gi parts. That copper colored hole near the little black spot on my silhouette was a sighter I took at 800 yards with a 168 grain xlc coated x bullet. Pretty accurate I think. Most of the other dents in that target are from cast bullets that my son shoots at it at 500 yards. We have to put it in another bedded stock and use the sights since the scope won't get enough elevation for the lead bullets but he sure is good at it.

riser.jpg

camera%20057.jpg

thanks, I made it out of alluminum tubing, square 1" x 1/16", round 1" x 1/8", heavy rectangular 8"x2" x 5/16"(cut) Threaded 3/8 rod, eye bolts, turn buckle, nylon strapping

doubles as a packframe to carry the 50bmg, but its heavy! 30#

skidlyman,
Tellme, do you just throw this rig in the back of your truck, or do you have a mount on your truck that you fix this weapon to?
grin.gif
Need a driver?
grin.gif
grin.gif

db

This is my 6.5x284. It has a #5 douglas barrel @28" long on an 8 twist. Built on a Remington 700 short action with a Boyd's brother laminated stock.
6.5-284.jpg

[ 01-06-2004: Message edited by: bigbrother ]

Resurrecting this thread.

Here's a picture of the latest GA rifle (the desert tone one), my old standby 308 Win (GA Precision too) and the puppy.

Chubby-Twins-Heinous24Wks.JPG

I know there are more new rifles out there... add them on and let's see what folks have been up to.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.