Your favorite long range rifle pic.

fad73767.jpg

Rolltide--sorry but those are boyds guns not Lynns

Both are 300WSM's--and are shooting pretty darn good this year.

JB

JB is right...Those two are mine....The Grey gun(KILLER) is a 300wsm built on a Rem 700 long action....The barrel is a 28" Hart 11 twist...The stock Is a John Hoover Master 1000....It is topped with A 6.5-20 Nikon Monarch in Kelby rings on a custom base......The big gun..(BIG UGLY) is also a 300wsm built on a Mauser action with a 35" Krieger barrel with a 9twist.The stock is a custom.It is topped with a 8.5-25 Leupold LR...In Burris rings on a custom base...

Pic for LYNN
fad4de5d.jpg.orig.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>This is my 300 Ackley built by Speedy in Texas.Shehane Heavy laminated
stock,Lilja 1.75 X 36 inch barrel in 10 twist,Jewell 2oz trigger,36X
leupold
with a dot which will be swapped with a variable for next year,Speedy
sleeve
on a 700 action bolt and firing pin both bushed,glued in my own barrel
block.Bat bolt handle,Kavanaugh polyurethane clearcoat,shooting Clinch
River
216's.
Lynn
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ 10-13-2003: Message edited by: Boyd Heaton ]

Boyd,

My appologies. I thought Lynn had sent pics to you to post. The Grey gun looks beautiful. If you have any closeups, I'd love to see them since that is a similar setup that I've been talking to my gunsmith about. Not that I would copy it or anything
grin.gif

One thing's for sure, you guys have some awesome rifles. I'm going to have to start building my 300WSM or 300WM (can't decide which one) really soon.

Take care,

CC

Someone should have warned you MontanaMarine, your bolt is on the wrong side. Just from one Jarhead to another. Semper Fi my brother.

I didn't see any AR15 rifles on here yet so I'll throw mine up for you all to see. It is without a doubt the most accurate rifle I have ever had the good fortune to shoot. It will shoot almost anything into under 1" at 100 yards and most good loads at half that or less. My best 400 yard group was just over 1.3", mind you that was the best not the average.I have shot enough under 2.5" at that range to make it not uncommon. I've been toying with the idea of a DPMS in 308 or the olympic arms new 243 wssm upper for a longer range option. It is a DPMS panther with 24" heavy bull, laminated thumbhole stock 27" harris swivel bipod, Niteforce 5.5-22x56 lighted np2 reticle scope.
null
fae8f749.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.