Your club range, cluttered or not ?

spladi

My club range has clutter, something for every makeshift idea to shoot from, pieces of 6"/6" wood posts, rickety rifle racks, more than one stool per bench, .........Just clutter! For safety reasons I believe a range should be as uncluttered as possible what do you feel about this issue?

Completely agreed.

20211207_091218.jpg

yes sir i like to see our range free of clutter but you always have the ones that you have to clean up after

Could not agree more. I'm fortunate to belong to several club ranges which are very well kept. One has short lengths of 6x6 posts on/under several of the benches. I suspect they are used as shooting rest, but have never witnessed their use.

We were in same place fews back until we had a CTJ meeting over the range problems. Banned wire, string, rope from range due to tangling mower deck up. Removed all nails and eyebolts that accumulated over time. Revised range rules to PROHIBIT non target items such as plastic bottles (glass always banned), metal anything, clay birds (incredible mess from them) and having means to expel those who violate the range rules for acceptable targets and target stands. Emphasized you are REQUIRED to bring your own target stand and targets. Exploding targets prohibited as well.

It takes EVERY MEMBER to enforce range rules. So far, its been huge improvement.

You know the geniuses live in Oregon. Don't you? at our range the the management put up various diameter metal swingers at various ranges out to 600 yd. Then then they put up a sign that says no shooting at the metal rounds!

Recent Posts