Your Closest Archery Big Game Kill

Two yards. Yes hard to believe but it was 2 yards
My first bow kill was about 35 years ago. Kneeling on a muddy cow trail that went under a big oak limb that had fallen and made a natural teepee door over the cow trail.
There had been 5 bucks feeding out in a field. They had disappeared until one showed up and walked right to me. I
Shot at half draw(peak poundage) almost in fear that he might charge me. I was kneeling on ground and his tracks and a cedar tree he broke off were 2 yards from my knee prints in the mud.
E91CA415-24C3-4498-8FBF-341E32BAABD9.jpeg

Fast forward to this year and my 11 year old tied me for a two yard shot. I had a tree stand 5 feet off the ground in the center of a tree with 13 one foot diameter trunks in about a 3 foot circle. Almost like a natural cage. He called and said he had shot one. I was about 70 yards away with my 9 year old. When I got there he was still in his stand. I said where was she? He said right where you are!!! I said no the trail is on out here about five yards. He insisted she was right there!!!!!!! I looked down and there was blood between my feet. I could touch the base of his stand from where I was standing. Super close on the ground is crazy exciting. When you can see individual eyelashes it's close!
8B25E32B-44FB-46E8-B8A7-3793BA3A9A33.jpeg
E86F3515-AB4D-465F-B65B-1D818E39389E.jpeg
5F58690E-1165-4614-87F3-D014AAB0628E.jpeg

Life and God is great!!!!!!!

Two yards. Yes hard to believe but it was 2 yards
My first bow kill was about 35 years ago. Kneeling on a muddy cow trail that went under a big oak limb that had fallen and made a natural teepee door over the cow trail.
There had been 5 bucks feeding out in a field. They had disappeared until one showed up and walked right to me. I
Shot at half draw(peak poundage) almost in fear that he might charge me. I was kneeling on ground and his tracks and a cedar tree he broke off were 2 yards from my knee prints in the mud.
View attachment 289609
Fast forward to this year and my 11 year old tied me for a two yard shot. I had a tree stand 5 feet off the ground in the center of a tree with 13 one foot diameter trunks in about a 3 foot circle. Almost like a natural cage. He called and said he had shot one. I was about 70 yards away with my 9 year old. When I got there he was still in his stand. I said where was she? He said right where you are!!! I said no the trail is on out here about five yards. He insisted she was right there!!!!!!! I looked down and there was blood between my feet. I could touch the base of his stand from where I was standing. Super close on the ground is crazy exciting. When you can see individual eyelashes it's close!
View attachment 289610View attachment 289611View attachment 289612
Life and God is great!!!!!!!
Awesome!!!

About 6 yards. Buck came straight in and sniffing the base of the tree I was in. Watching him between my feet he turned and started walking away as I drew. When he turned to the right presenting a good quartering away shot I let the Magnus Stinger fly into the boiler room. He ran 40-45 yards, stopped, staggered then fell over!

My first trad deer was 10 yards on the ground. I tried to out do South Cox and get a sub 10 yard elk with the curve but they never had the chance this season. So I settled for 28 yards.