Your Closest Archery Big Game Kill

biff's reloading

biff's reloading

3 years ago I went to a new spot at game lands 130. I'm in pa. I hung the climber on a tree near a little ridgeline Just off the creek. Not a natural feature, probably a leavings pile from mining a long time ago. It was 0ctober 30th. I climbed up to the first branches, about 10' is all, and blasted a few roars on the grunt tube and shook the tree as hard as I could, then shut up. 5 minutes I hear him ripping and snortin on the other side of that hill. 1 minute later hes standing on it, eye level, at maybe 10 feet away, looking below me for the ***** that made all the noise. I drew and threw like you do with a recurve, open eyed, never hit the stops. Actually measured it with a tape measure. His shoulder was 11'4" from the grip of my bow.

blessed With a wife who shares a bit in my ridiculous habits so I don't usually get in the pic :D
20191126 100257

Last edited:
C

cbat

10 feet frontal on a 5x5 elk. At full draw when he went the wrong way on the trail.

D

DartonJager

Huge bodied small racked 6p at 18-20 feet below my stand.
FBBH did terrible damage to one lung and passed through the other and he still went about 80 yards.