Your Accumulation of Ammo & Firearms

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Just a question to all out there.
I think that most of us have an accumulation of Ammo, reloading components and Firearms especially since the environment we have had for the past years.
If you are getting older and getting out of the game and have tens of thousands of Factory ammo, Brass, Bullets, hundreds of #s of powder, recent state of art reloading equipment, and rifle components (barrels/actions/stocks) and have no one to pass on in the family -how do you sell it?

I think that most of us have an accumulation of Ammo, reloading components and Firearms especially since the environment we have had for the past years.
If you are getting older and getting out of the game and have tens of thousands of Factory ammo, Brass, Bullets, hundreds of #s of powder, recent state of art reloading equipment, and rifle components (barrels/actions/stocks) and have no one to pass on in the family -how do you sell it?
Around here any where from add in the paper to sitting up across from a gas station things are so tight now a gun shop will take consignment sales lot of guns traded at trap shoots any and all kinds. David

I would sell the stuff out of the back of my truck at a shoot. You would not only sell it quickly, you would get a fair price, and would be selling to good folks that would not misuse it. That kind of stuff needs a good home. Another good place in on the bulletin board at any private gun club. Every one of them have one in the clubhouse. Once again fair price / good home. Just my suggestion. Should be very easy to get rid of the stuff if you don't ask more for it than you paid.

Could always move to Commyfornia and I m sure they ll come by to confiscate it soon… I see San Jose has a proposal to require gun owners to have liability insurance!! Good God.

Back to your question, sorry I had to vent, lots of good advice from other posts. Selling ammo and components shouldn't be difficult in the current environment; you re financially in a good time to be cutting surplus. Should actually make yourself a little $$ over what you originally invested assuming a lot of your stuff has been owned for a while.
Good Luck with your inventory reduction but keep enough around to 'scratch that itch' when it arises!!

If I were ever to get rid of my one rifle, one shotgun, and one .22, I'd take them to my favorite gun dealer to sell them to him so they'd be in the hands of a FFL. Because the ATF would like that.
All mine were lost in a terrible boating accident with another member. You may have heard...

I think I'd donate it to a youth shooting group or a young person that shows a genuine interest in the sport.

I have been blessed with three kids! One boy and one girl hunt, the other girl has her concealed curry! In other words they grew up around and appreciate firearms

I see no one asked so I will. Are you really getting out?