You ever have a What The Heck day?

I had several of those days between 2018 and 2020. Got bit by a friend's dog in Australia; needed plastic surgery. Two months later I was driving from one customer to another in northern MN. Started to snow. Snow built up. Just south of Orr MN some cheesedick in a minivan comes around the corner out of control (2 lane highway, one lane in each direction). I had a split second to react - kind of did the same as you - hit his right front corner. Last thing I remember is hearing the "crunching" noise and next was someone banging on my window. All bags were deployed and dashboard was shattered. Brand new rental car - totaled.

Two years later I was riding my new carbon fiber bicycle (push bike for your New Zealanders) downhill on a road closed to vehicular traffic (San Juan road in South Mountain Park in Phoenix) and hit a coyote. Once again, unconscious and didn't even remember what happened until someone in the hospital mentioned "coyote" and it all replayed back in my brain - at least until the sensation of hitting the coyote. Never remember hitting the road. Had seven broken ribs, a smashed clavicle, and broke my scapula in two places. Ruined elk and deer hunts that year. Had to have surgery - after operation photo shows damage; xray you can see every bone on one side is broken.

Attachments

• After operation.jpeg
    After operation.jpeg
    873.1 KB · Views: 27
  • X ray after operation.jpeg
    X ray after operation.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 2018 car crash.jpeg
    2018 car crash.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 28
I had several of those days between 2018 and 2020. Got bit by a friend's dog in Australia; needed plastic surgery. Two months later I was driving from one customer to another in northern MN. Started to snow. Snow built up. Just south of Orr MN some cheesedick in a minivan comes around the corner out of control (2 lane highway, one lane in each direction). I had a split second to react - kind of did the same as you - hit his right front corner. Last thing I remember is hearing the "crunching" noise and next was someone banging on my window. All bags were deployed and dashboard was shattered. Brand new rental car - totaled.

Two years later I was riding my new carbon fiber bicycle (push bike for your New Zealanders) downhill on a road closed to vehicular traffic (San Juan road in South Mountain Park in Phoenix) and hit a coyote. Once again, unconscious and didn't even remember what happened until someone in the hospital mentioned "coyote" and it all replayed back in my brain - at least until the sensation of hitting the coyote. Never remember hitting the road. Had seven broken ribs, a smashed clavicle, and broke my scapula in two places. Ruined elk and deer hunts that year. Had to have surgery - after operation photo shows damage; xray you can see every bone on one side is broken.
I think my front end of my truck would have been inside my cab were it not for the big steel bumper I had on the front. Shout out to Thunderstruck bumpers! Your wreck looks terrible!

Few years back we were having our annual opening weekend dove shoot. We start getting some as early as Thursday evening. Some get early start on the adult beverages. All stop by midnight Fri. Season opens noon sat. 1 guy borrowed my 4 wheeler to go to another stand. Next I see them going up the field. Next everybody saying something about hospital. 1 had flipped my wheeler. The other got broken up. Got out of hospital 3 days later. The next Saturday the hurt one was in the same spot sitting in a folding chair shooting a double barrel coach gun. The turkey was almost the only one to limit. Some People never stay down. I figure that you are one of those. Keep on
Keeping on !!!!!!!!!!!!