You are not enough.

After reading the first page of this, thought I should see the video.
He's spot on. It's a realization we all come to one day, and part of maturing.

I have been fortunate enough to stand with giants who show me how to move past that obstacle that I experience but cannot overcome.
There will always be some level you cannot transcend. This, in every part of life.

Many write, "wait for part II." I say it's not needed. There's a humble beauty in accepting your peak performance, and continually striving for that next level which you may never reach. Being at peace with it is as simple as 'amen'.

Well said I think there's been a whole lot of very insecure people exposed by their reply

Thought provoking, as intended. "If you shoot long enough"...eventually we all get to the point where we can no longer improve, worse than that, if you live long enough you will get to the point where you can no longer get up out of your recliner and shoulder a rifle. That's reality. It is only depressing if you don't trust Jesus for Resurrection--when we will be able to do all as we have never done before!

Until then, I do have some encouragement for those who were downturned by this video.
I used to be the very best in my class. Have a trophy to prove it. But my eyesight has gotten worse and now my heartrate is fast enough that I can no longer shoot between the beats. But even though I know that I have peaked physically, I am still trying to improve as a marksman and a hunter. And the marvelous thing about hunting is this: You don't have to make 25 near perfect shots in a row like you do when you compete in target shooting. But whenever God places the game in front of you--you have a chance to be a hero. Only one shot is all it takes. Even if you are on your last leg, you only have to be brilliant for a second or two and you can accomplish something awesome with one shot.

Time for fun:

LRH is getting weird…I need to go the way of bigngreen and wild rose.
Eewww....
1632954137838.png

If someone starts passing around KOOL-AID, I don't want any.
Well, if his name is Jim Jones.... I'll take the Wild Rose instead.

Ask Robert DowneyJr, he knows what I'm talking about.
You were there with him? Did he really turn conservative while incarcerated? ;)

My wife tells me this once a day 🤷🏻‍♂️
Only once? That makes you awesome!

And pajama boys who are smarter than God will plead with you for food and protection.
Only if you've dropped your guard and let them approach within 200 meters....

Time for fun:

Eewww....
View attachment 300778

Well, if his name is Jim Jones.... I'll take the Wild Rose instead.

You were there with him? Did he really turn conservative while incarcerated? ;)

Only once? That makes you awesome!

Only if you've dropped your guard and let them approach within 200 meters....

They were big contributors information wise on the forum. They both haven't posted in over a year. I hope they are ok.

They were big contributors information wise on the forum. They both haven't posted in over a year. I hope they are ok.
I was kinda thinking that the other day. Though I didn't agree with one of them often I do hope he's okay.

I watched the video; I totally agree with everything except the last line...there is a limit to what you can do in terms of distance and target size and no amount of practice or equipment available today will change that. For example, if hitting a golf ball at 1000 yards every time is your goal, nothing short of a laser beam will accomplish that.

The next big thing will be LIDAR anemometers. But even if they could measure wind instantly out to your target, their employment will not guarantee you can hit that golf ball at 1000 yards, because the wind can change in the TOF, to say nothing of the accuracy of your rifle, etc.

Thought provoking, as intended. "If you shoot long enough"...eventually we all get to the point where we can no longer improve, worse than that, if you live long enough you will get to the point where you can no longer get up out of your recliner and shoulder a rifle. That's reality. It is only depressing if you don't trust Jesus for Resurrection--when we will be able to do all as we have never done before!

Until then, I do have some encouragement for those who were downturned by this video.
I used to be the very best in my class. Have a trophy to prove it. But my eyesight has gotten worse and now my heartrate is fast enough that I can no longer shoot between the beats. But even though I know that I have peaked physically, I am still trying to improve as a marksman and a hunter. And the marvelous thing about hunting is this: You don't have to make 25 near perfect shots in a row like you do when you compete in target shooting. But whenever God places the game in front of you--you have a chance to be a hero. Only one shot is all it takes. Even if you are on your last leg, you only have to be brilliant for a second or two and you can accomplish something awesome with one shot.
Well Said !. I have an older friend who was extremely ripped at one time and heavily into professional arm wrestling. He could bench 480lbs and had won numerous trophies in arm wrestling. He was drawn closer & closer to Jesus. He said that one day he looked at those trophies and realized how little that they really meant and he heard the word Vanity come to him. He said that he took all of those trophies and in the trash they went. He says he never regretted trashing them.
Hopefully we all wake up one day and realize the things that are really important and put more emphasis on those things than chasing something that may leave us empty in the end.

I noticed that I haven't saw anything from them in a long time. Like you, I hope all is well with them. It does bring German Salazar to mind. He probably contributed more online information as an individual than anyone I know at the time he had his website. He suddenly went away all at once. No one heard from him for years. Come to find out, he was just done with LR and had no interest in ever having anything to do with it again.

Recent Posts