Yes, Something Good Will Come Out of This

Muddyboots

Just had short PM with fellow member and thought this is a good post to consider in a time of extreme angst.
"These are difficult times and we all have to band together to come through as well as we can. I spoke to a neighbor last night to make sure we have a means to help each other if something were to come up. Simplest thing like a grocery run if they are fully isolated or even on our behalf. My feeling is a lot of good will come out of this bad situation, family will be tighter, friends will become family and new friends will appear. I believe we all have the desire to help each other but sometimes no time to think about it. Now we do."

So my question is: What positive impact to our society do you see coming out of this pandemic situation?

Recognizing our elders!! All three of my 20 something kids worried about their grandparents. These aged kids get a bad rap sometimes too. They think and live in the world differently than I did. They will rise up to the challenges. I recognize them too!!

The only war stories I have lived is 9/11. How it felt to be under attack. How it was to be a proud american, see the flags appear on every house and have the President be one voice for us. I hope younger generations and mine feel greater empathy for those that gave all or lived in the Depression. They need us to defend them by our actions now.

And finally Faith, what ever that is for you.

Having been through many Hurricanes and a devastating flood in 2016 where many, myself included, lost everything. I can tell you tough times brings out the real character in people. Bad people do bad things good people help each other. During the flood neighbors who didnt flood helped neighbors. Churches brought food and water. This is different just because of the scale and people needing to stay apart. Small towns usually do well. Big cities might be tough.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.