Yellowstone Darwinism

I have a big telephoto lens for my camera so I can be even further away, keep me safer
Had a 200 to 600 lense for the Minolta. Ex wife took it to visit friends in California and huge wave wash over her while taking pictures on some ocean bluff. Salt water killed the camera and somehow found its way into the lenses. I suspect she opened it and let in water. Big chunk of change down the drain in 1980 time frame.

Had a 200 to 600 lense for the Minolta. Ex wife took it to visit friends in California and huge wave wash over her while taking pictures on some ocean bluff. Salt water killed the camera and somehow found its way into the lenses. I suspect she opened it and let in water. Big chunk of change down the drain in 1980 time frame.
I use Sony cameras and found a fixed 500 mm reflex lens, that stays on my camera. I have to be 15 ft away for it to focus on the tiniest thing, like an ant. My wife wanted a variable lens I bought her a 18-250 which works great for most things.

My beef is sometimes the animal takes the ultimate sacrifice for the idiot stupidity. This is where I strongly believe the idiots need to pay heavily for their behavior. Value the animals at such a value it will make someone think...maybe? If they knew $10K was coming out of their pocket, it might have an effect. Or not. Narcissism is so rampant not sure anything will deter these idiots.

My beef is sometimes the animal takes the ultimate sacrifice for the idiot stupidity. This is where I strongly believe the idiots need to pay heavily for their behavior. Value the animals at such a value it will make someone think...maybe? If they knew $10K was coming out of their pocket, it might have an effect. Or not. Narcissism is so rampant not sure anything will deter these idiots.

Agreed, but I think this is a societal trend now.

You know everyone gets a trophy, no need to be accountable for your actions, question authority even though you break the law...

I know we want to think that the stupid people are all on the left, but I would beg to differ. As someone who lives in a tourist destination and works in Fire/EMS, the stupid is across the political spectrum. I will say it tends to show up more in the younger folks, but the Baby Boomer generation is culpable as well. This country produces narcissists who now think that money buys anything. Money does not buy you sniper capabilities. Money does not make you a gifted athlete. Money does not buy you class. And money does not buy you brains. We are a doomed society I'm afraid. And we're too dumb to understand why.
Sorry to be such a downer, but I'm on shift and have had a day filled with stupid people. Can't wait til the bars get going tonight!

I know we want to think that the stupid people are all on the left, but I would beg to differ. As someone who lives in a tourist destination and works in Fire/EMS, the stupid is across the political spectrum. I will say it tends to show up more in the younger folks, but the Baby Boomer generation is culpable as well. This country produces narcissists who now think that money buys anything. Money does not buy you sniper capabilities. Money does not make you a gifted athlete. Money does not buy you class. And money does not buy you brains. We are a doomed society I'm afraid. And we're too dumb to understand why.
Sorry to be such a downer, but I'm on shift and have had a day filled with stupid people. Can't wait til the bars get going tonight!
I'm A retired Paramedic Chief. I concur with your assessment of stupid doesn't have a political affiliation.

Stupid is ALL demographics...here hold my beer!!!

You Know when I Toured the Corvette factory a few years back, there was a 15 min class prior to the Plant Tour. Instructor/ Guide said "Do Not do this " "Do Not Do that"" Do Not take your shoes off ", "Do not take pictures," ."Do Not disturb the assembly people" If you don't actually tell people not to do stuff, Marge and Homer Simpson have no clue!!!! They need a 5 min pre tour class with big signs. That will reduce the stupidity by 10% !!!!" Do Not operate Toaster in the Shower"

You Know when I Toured the Corvette factory a few years back, there was a 15 min class prior to the Plant Tour. Instructor/ Guide said "Do Not do this " "Do Not Do that"" Do Not take your shoes off ", "Do not take pictures," ."Do Not disturb the assembly people" If you don't actually tell people not to do stuff, Marge and Homer Simpson have no clue!!!! They need a 5 min pre tour class with big signs. That will reduce the stupidity by 10% !!!!" Do Not operate Toaster in the Shower"
10% isn't nearly enough. :)

The reason we have most signs and rules is because people aren't smart enough to know better. Someone mentioned Darwin earlier. Personally, I wish we would just let his theory run its course and clean up the gene pool a bit. If you aren't smart enough to not die by doing stupid stuff, then you're out, hopefully before you procreate. By our emotional standard, that's harsh. But I would call that nature taking its course....