Yellowstone Darwinism

Muddyboots

So have you been following the moronic antics in the Park this year? Women trying to take selfies with bull bison? One almost in tragedy. Touron (tourist moron) "saved" bison calf crossing river thus separating from mom. Calf had to be euthanized. Touron fined. Just recently, a couple tourons picked up an elk calf and drove it to West Yellowstone in their car to deliver it to Park office to save it. Now there is a guy jumping out of his car and chasing bears. OMG freaking Darwinism!! Please chase a griz sow with cub! Puleaseeeee!!! Somebody innocent minding their own business is going to be harmed or worse from inane actions by dumber than dirt tourons!

You cannot make this stupidity up but yet more ridiculous actions is reported every day. Has our society dumbed down this much?

I say fine the crap out them, take their car, heck take their phones😱!! I really don't know what the solution can be that is effective.

What say you?

Has our society dumbed down this much?
YES!
I say fine the crap out them, take their car, heck take their phones😱!! I really don't know what the solution can be that is effective.

What say you?
The jack@$$ in me says let Darwin sort them out.
But I realize every one of them is loved by someone.

I think my wife told me, the people were charged $500 fine. That bison calf could have become a trophy. I'm sure the cost for a trophy bison would be somewhere around $8000. Then go for the vehicle since it was used in the crime and take the phones because you know the dumba$$es videoed it or took pictures.

I've been noticing a lot of stoopid out of Yellowstone this year too. The more I think about it, tho, the more I think that there is just more REPORTS of said stoopid crap. Influenzers, and such. After all, people been stoopid since the dawn of time, and ya KNOW what is said...
Ya Caint fix stoopid!!!
Then again...... Maybe some feriners been putting stoopid powder in our water...cause, DAMM, folks are stoopid!!!!

Worked in the Park off/on for 25 years. Saw stuff that would blow you away way back when. Main difference today is everyone has a phone, social media, and the internet. You'll never fix stupid.
We always used to say that most tourists checked their brain in at the entrance gates.

So have you been following the moronic antics in the Park this year? Women trying to take selfies with bull bison? One almost in tragedy. Touron (tourist moron) "saved" bison calf crossing river thus separating from mom. Calf had to be euthanized. Touron fined. Just recently, a couple tourons picked up an elk calf and drove it to West Yellowstone in their car to deliver it to Park office to save it. Now there is a guy jumping out of his car and chasing bears. OMG freaking Darwinism!! Please chase a griz sow with cub! Puleaseeeee!!! Somebody innocent minding their own business is going to be harmed or worse from inane actions by dumber than dirt tourons!

You cannot make this stupidity up but yet more ridiculous actions is reported every day. Has our society dumbed down this much?

What say you?
You can't take stupidity out of Liberals/environmentalist's.
There is so much of the population that do not have a clue of what real NATURE is. Then when they go to a National Park where real WILD animals are - they think that they are domestic animals like a Horse of Milk Cow.
Save the Wolves
Save the Bears
See the idiots that have been killed by WILD animals. AND then the animals are at fault.
I would have severe penalties with high $$ fines and Jail time for these idiots. Take their phone, cars and jail time.
But it is the National Park Rules.
But our National Parks are for all of us to enjoy that is what we as TAX Payers pay for.
People just don't understand, they think that they are in a Terrarium with pet animals.

They should go to Africa and ride through the Kruger. Then they can get out and try to pet a Lion, Buffalo, Rino, Elephant, Hyena.
Would not have to worry about giving out a FINE!!!

Same thing happens right here in our neighborhood. We are surrounded by forest/national forest and there are a LOT of deer here. But every year about this time some idiot picks up a WT fawn and "saves" is because its mom is no where to be seen. And they post it non-stop on social media. Sad really.

Before we moved to Montana we visited many times and of course went to Yellowstone and Glacier Park and saw people that thought the animals were tame animals to be a pet.
One year a lady sent her kid to pet an elk so they could get a pic and it bit the kid.The family wanted the elk killed but instead the family got a huge fine for disturbing the wildlife.
People don't get it! These are wild animals!The same things happen EVERY year! I don't get it.

I've only been to Yellowstone NP once and seen enough of the idiots in two days that we decided to stay out of the park on all of our returning visits. I can only handle so many idiots in a day and YNP has a overpopulation of them.
I'll be at glacier Monday and Yellowstone Saturday guess I need a healthy dose of idiots

It's an amazing place but I barely ever go because of the crowds and I'm within a few hours of the park. I don't know what the answer is but possibly having quotas for vehicles each day. Anything on 4 feet causes ten cars to stop on the road and everyone getting out to see something in the wild. Even if there's nothing to see you can just park, jump out with a big camera or binos and look the part. Everyone else will follow your lead. Seasonal tourist events always amaze and amuse sometimes one more than the other. Keep paying attention, someone is due to fall through the crust layer and die or disappear for 2023 soon. It's basically a sign of summer there. Friends and I think that the park service should just roll footage of all these "do nots" on giant monitors in all the lanes of the 5 gates. Probably wouldn't help.